Uk Family Visitor Visa (vaf1b)

I'm just applying for a UK family visitor family visa (vaf1B).

The wife had lost her old passport from a few years ago what she used to visit her sister in Finland .

She had to get a police report before she could get her new passport now her married name .

On the visa application it asks for her old passport details which we cant supply and any visits outside of thailand ,we can give them the dates she travelled to Finland .

Surely they can get all her old details via her new passport ?

thanks

Question 2.7 Please give details of any previous passports, covering the last 10 years, including where these passports are now.

So she should complete this as fully as possible, and enclose a copy of the police report if she still has it.

My Missus just got a UK visitor visa for later this month and had lost a previous passport from 1989 when she was working in China for 5 years. We simply showed the UK Embassy proof of her being in China for the period which was her China ID card and employee work employment contract which luckily she still had.

I was thinking about using an agent for this her first ever UK vsa and the agent said that losing a passport might be frowned on but it was not. Give as much detail as you can on the old passport would be my advice.

She had to get a police report first before she could get a new passport.

They kept the report at the passport office .

She has a flight receipt of trip to finland which she will hand in with the application ,

but it has only her name and flight details on it but unfortunetly no passport number which would have been good .

i would imagine it helps that she has been out of the country and returned ,( 4 week holiday )