Banglamung Cable Tv : Bastards !

keenyao

Anyone living in Pattaya knows that the most important cable television broadcasters in town are Sophon and BTV (Banglamung Cable TV.)

These cables have made an agreement about the Division of coverage areas.

Jomtien, South Pattaya up to Pattaya Klang is covered by Sophon cable broadcaster (historical cable which includes many channels including Supersport) while everything else in Pattaya (north Pattaya, Naklua, Pattaya Nua, etc.) is covered by Banglamung cable TV (BTV).

Until a few weeks ago, BTV broadcast , among its channels , Supersport channel , (south african network which covers almost the major sporting events including the next World Championship) .... Now, because a normal increase in subscription asked from Supersport (due to the next World Championship), Banglamung cable TV has decided not to renew the contract with Supersport ,leaving "without World Cup" all the residents in North Pattaya .

This is a real betrayal to all the residents living in the area of Pattaya covered by that fuc_kin BTV !!! :)

Sophon Cable instead , has not "terminated" the contract with Supersport, which will be regularly "aired" during the World Cup !!!

So, Boycott BTV...The Keenyao Cable !!!!

Until a few weeks ago, BTV broadcast , among its channels , Supersport channel , (south african network which covers almost the major sporting events including the next World Championship) .... Now, because a normal increase in subscription asked from Supersport (due to the next World Championship), Banglamung cable TV has decided not to renew the contract with Supersport ,leaving "without World Cup" all the residents in North Pattaya .

Now where did you get that one from?

The whole South African network is about to disappear, actually most of it is gone already! Apparently only very few channels remain active, and nobody knows for how much longer.

The channels you mention, have gone from ALL 3 Pattaya cable operators (Sohpon, Banglamung aand TMN)...

As of now, it seems SS3 and SS5 are still active, the rest is gone...

Now where did you get that one from?

The whole South African network is about to disappear, actually most of it is gone already! Apparently only very few channels remain active, and nobody knows for how much longer.

The channels you mention, have gone from ALL 3 Pattaya cable operators (Sohpon, Banglamung aand TMN)...

As of now, it seems SS3 and SS5 are still active, the rest is gone...

So you are telling that Supersport is about to disappear from Sophon as well....And when ? Before or after world cup ? As you said Sophon cable still has 2 Supersport channels wich is enough to watch the entire world cup schedule....I guess.

I hope Sophon won't delete SS3 and SS5 for the World Cup , in this case I can rent an apart. in South Pattaya/Jomtien area.

:)

• 8 months later...

Signed up for BTV a week ago.

Paid for 6 months upfront; installation free.

Within the hour the technicians were there and within 5 minutes BTV was connected.

The technicians asked the Thai who were in the house about others TV-sets, and they added 2 TV-sets costing me an extra THB 800 for 6 months.

After a week we moved in, and it appeared that the other 2 wall sockets weren't connected, so I phoned BTV and asked if they could come to solve the problem.

They came withing 4 hours and after spending 10 minutes between my roof and the ceiling the problem was solved. At no ezxtra cost.

BTV offers 72 channels (in some areas even 92 channels) for only THB 1800 per 6 months (single TV connection).

During the last week some heavy rains in our area and sometimes the power went down and the cable tv with it.

Within 1 hour after a powercut, the cable tv was back.

Basically, unitl now: No, complaints.

As someone who detests all sport, with no exceptions, I just wish that cable and satellite companies would introduce sensible packages that dont require me to pay for expensive sport channels that I simply dont want.

seconded

You are ALL lucky........

Where I live in Nong Pralai, Apparantly I am unable to have cable tv for another year or more....so I am stuck with satelite...where the only english speaking channels are Russia Today (if the signal is strong) or American Religious programmes....definitely no english tv...and never any premier league football

Any suggestions will be most welcomed

• 1 year later...

ITV channel (Granada english) has disappeared from BTV cable.

they said they not renew contract.

Many farang look this channel, its the best channel they have on BTV.

Why they cancel it ???

Anybody can help phone BTV to ask to put it back again please.