Graphic Design Industry

Just wondering does anybody know what the graphic design industry is like in bkk...? everytime i have been in bkk searching through the jobs they all seem to want thai nationals ....which is fair enough i suppose....

just wondering is there any farang companies out there that take on farangs ?

my background is graphic design / broadcast design for TV....

any help appreciated..... :o

Hi BB

You are correct most require Thai nationals as the jobs are 10 to the dozen not to mention you can get a reasonably good person for 20000THB per month. I have just recruited 2 people.

You may want to visit www.jobsdb.com there are loads of design jobs on there. My advice would just to keep replying to some interesting job offers on there...you never know.

Alternativley you can contact some big groups in the UK and ask of any openings here. I know Lowe and Mccann have a big presence in BBK

Good Luck

TAF

You are correct most require Thai nationals as the jobs are 10 to the dozen not to mention you can get a reasonably good person for 20000THB per month. I have just recruited 2 people.

That's why i see job openings being reposted at recruitment sites as no one has the required qualifications...

You may want to visit www.jobsdb.com there are loads of design jobs on there. My advice would just to keep replying to some interesting job offers on there...you never know.

I would add to the list:

www.nationejobs.com

www.bangkokpostjobs.com

and have a few others but mainly in thai language.

I have been searching for a job on those 3 sites for 2 years and i can count the number of replies i had. I don't want a western salary but i'm not thai either. I think that its normal for HR to assume that we will ask big bucks.

I don't want a western salary but i'm not thai either. I think that its normal for HR to assume that we will ask big bucks.

right - it's normal to assume you ask for big bucks; and also normal to reject you on this basis (plus the WP fuss, plus you don't speak thai).

Edited by ~G~