Just "Moved" To Huay Kwang - What'S To Do?

bangkokburning

After six mos I've moved in with my gf. She lives in Huay Kwang, few mins from MRT. It's convenient enough, but I need to get out and explore the street food a it more. Nothing seems in real walking distance save for a 7 and a Tesco Express. But there is Fortune Town and the malls one stop away. I'm really ambivalent toward big cities and BKK especially. Sprawl, hot sprawl.

So, anything to do about here??? Small farang pub or drink shop type thing perhaps?

Driving range looks appealing,

I have a good relationship with my girlfriend. I am not interested in P4P scene or spendy karaoke joints.

Counting days till November and South monsoon clears out. Until then, I am stuck here if I want to keep the relationship intact.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Well, there's Esplanada, Robinson, Carrefour, Rachadaphise 4-8 nightlife areas, quite a few good local restaurants, a Badminton court, a local gym, the Huay Khwang night market, American and Italian food...

Actually the only thing that's not here are "small farang pubs".

One more thing - since you mentioned that in the thread description - there's a new Thai language school at RS Tower (MRT Thailand Cultural Center). I have my doubts about their quality, but they're probably cheap and easy to reach.