Extending First Entry Visa But Plan To Visit Another Country After Doing So

Hello

This is just one of those uncertain questions that linger when doing these visa apps

I am handing in my visa form in the next few days for July, I am going for a 2 entry tourist visa and i plan to extend both entries. I plan to visit Malaysia and Singapore as a side trip for a week but don't plan to do so at around the 60 day mark. so the question is if i extend the 60 days with another 30 days and I depart for a week what happens when i come back? do they restamp my book? stamp my second entry? please can someone answer if you know

Cheersjap.gif

When you leave your extension of stay will end.

When you return they will use your second entry.

Unless you apply for a Re Entry Permit which will keep your 30 day extension date alive. It does not add days. 1,000 Baht.

Thanks Beer! just Google it and have added some info for future related questions... smile.gif

Thailand Re-entry Permit

If you plan to re-enter Thailand on your existing visa. For example - if you enter Thailand on a single entry tourist visa and want to make a side trip to Cambodia and want to re-enter Thailand on your tourist visa, you would have to obtain a re-entry permit before leaving Thailand.

There are two types of re-entry permits -

1) Single re-entry permit - As the name suggests, this permit allows you to re-enter Thailand only once. The duration of the permit is the same as your existing Thai visa. The fee for this permit is 1000 THB.

2) Multiple re-entry permit - This permit allows you to re-enter Thailand as long as your visa is valid. The fee for this permit is 3800 THB.

Re-entry permits can be obtained at the airport, other immigration checkpoints or at the immigration department office in the city. (Soi Suan Plu in Bangkok).

Re-entry permits can no longer be obtained at the airport (except in emergency cases and be prepared to show proof of that).

Re-entry permits have to be obtained at the immigration office for your region, unless you hold a tourist visa or are not on an extension of stay.

They are valid for as long as your permission to stay is valid, not your visa.