Iphone 4 In Us Plus 4 Countries By 24Th

RKeith

That was a fun keynote. So the new iPhone will be on the shores of UK, France, Germany and Japan simultaneously with the US release on the 24th this month. I'm wondering how soon can MBK get their supplies. We got our iPads earlier than the rest of the world despite our sideng problems.

And I wonder how many clams it will cost us? At the keynote, the subsidized prices are still the same. Anybody remember how much the early adapter prices were when the 3SG first came out in MBK?

Hi

Price will be 38.000

(maybe  :) )

:D  Whoa! Price to pay for early adapter, eh? That'll be almost the same price as how MBK vendors sell the 3G iPad 32GB. Any speculation on ETA? Last week of this month perhaps?

It will be expensive and won't be officially unlocked. I know I am not paying that much to have to worry about software upgrades breaking my unlock. That is just crazy. I would never buy another soft unlocked phone again for that matter. The good news is that by the time the new phone gets to Thailand the hype will be over. It will have been readily available for months and the people that can't wait will have bought their MBK phones already. So there should be no waiting in line for one. It will be available in the USA and the other countries soon but given what happened with the iPad launch they could be 'available' without being truly available for a month or two even in those countries.

Edited by anotheruser

Yes factory unlocked or nothing for me too. Luckily we're in Thailand where they will be sold unlocked, and this time I'll make my reservation at True BKK, lessons learned. Last time I was one of the first to put money down, but did it in Chiang Mai and True just kept the entire first batch in Bangkok.

Difficult to say but from the looks and the specs this one is going to be another blockbuster hit, so we'll have to be patient. Not going to take more than a few months though.

France will also be officially unlocked i think as that is illegal i believe in France. Sooo hopefully we will see iPhone 4 in Hong Kong first week in July followed a few days later at MBK when the buyers get back from HK.

With the French sourced ones.

Edited by negreanu