Wild West Shoot Out In Front Of My Gate In Hang Dong

bkkc1976

Hello Everybody.

I thought i share what happened here 2 nights before:

Around 10 pm was sitting in front of my computer when i heard a LOUD blast go off and while looking outside my door i see a few guys on motorbikes shooting with a big riffle into the bar thats located 20 metres from my house to the left.My stafford went crazy,so i ran out to protect him from bein shot by one of these <deleted>... the shot a few more times and then raced away!CRAZY SHIT!Where am i,southfuc_kincentral los angeles or what?? ;-)

Afterwards i heard a lot of screaming and yellin and my wife told me the ask for ambulance and police....

I didnt go outside and take a look,not worth gettin shot,but a few hours later there was a bunch of people,i think people from the neighbourhood that wanted to know what happened,standing around and arguing!

Thats all i know at the moment.

I just thought i share my experience!I just moved here from bangkok and there i also saw some crazy fights with iron pipes and knives and stuff,but standin only 3 metres away from somebody tryin to kill somebody was a new experience for me and afterwards VERY scary!

Peace!

Ahhh... another story from the ghetto. LOL

Thailand probably has the same percentage of violent mofos as other countries around the world. It ain't heaven and it ain't hel_l. Just another place to hang your hat and occasionally dodge bullets. Keep your head low.

TheWalkingMan

is it me, or does there seem to be more and more of these violent incidents these days?unsure.gif

It could be that these incidents are being reported via Thaivisa these days, where as they werent 4-5 or more years ago.

ie Maejo mans post about a stabbing/death, another one yesterday about Spicy, another one about the German? guy being shot and killed after road rage. Probably more that i cant think of.

Hang Dong is kind of known for being on the wrong side of the tracks or south of the boarder. :)

lived in Hang Dong for a year, left in January just gone and the only guns I had to dodge were kids with water pistols... seven day after Songkran!

is it me, or does there seem to be more and more of these violent incidents these days?unsure.gif

It could be that these incidents are being reported via Thaivisa these days, where as they werent 4-5 or more years ago.

ie Maejo mans post about a stabbing/death, another one yesterday about Spicy, another one about the German? guy being shot and killed after road rage. Probably more that i cant think of.

There has always been plenty of violent incidents in Chiang Mai, but no one was reporting them on the Internet, so they were easier to ignore. How many years ago was the English girl killed in a guesthouse? The German guy shot by a motorist? The Samurai Gang terrorizing the populace?

Edited by Ulysses G.

There has always been plenty of violent incidents in Chiang Mai, but no one was reporting them on the Internet, so they were easier to ignore. How many years ago was the English girl killed in a guesthouse? The German guy shot by a motorist? The Samurai Gang terrorizing the populace?

The first two around 2001 and samurai gangs on and off for a number of years. Kirsty's killer is alleged to still be freely roaming the city due to his police connections. I heard the German was shot by a member of the judiciary for raising his middle finger in an aggressive manner. Thai 'justice' can be swift. A hill-tribe guy, I heard, was eventually locked up for life for this one. I believe at least some of the samurai gangs were allied to a big chao por in Lampang but with recent political 'changes' in the north, power may be shifting - Anicha.

Edited by Loaded

As UG pointed out the internet gives us a lot more information than we ever had before.

I don't think it has got any worse, at the time of Thaksin's war on drugs there were a lot of grudge killings going on in CM, there were two killings in my wife's small village in Sanpatong in a six month period while I was there.

This isn't the Wild West, but it is not a quiet garden village in Wales, either.

I think I read in Citylife a few years ago that Thailand is ranked 5th in the world per capita for handgun fatalities.

Something to be aware of next time you decide to flip off that motorist who cut you off in traffic. :)

Something to be aware of next time you decide to flip off that motorist who cut you off in traffic. :)

Exactly,

I've seen this before and all I could think was oh no you did-ent,

No matter how good you are about situational awareness, you can never tell who is psychotic or just waiting for someone to make their day.

As UG pointed out the internet gives us a lot more information than we ever had before.

I don't think it has got any worse, at the time of Thaksin's war on drugs there were a lot of grudge killings going on in CM, there were two killings in my wife's small village in Sanpatong in a six month period while I was there.

If you don't think it's getting any worse, you're kidding yourselves. Just watching Spicy morph over the last few years is only an analogy. And yaa-baa is simply everywhere and spreading.

If you don't think it's getting any worse, you're kidding yourselves. Just watching Spicy morph over the last few years is only an analogy. And yaa-baa is simply everywhere and spreading.

no I'm not kidding myself, during the year's 2003/2004 when the war on drugs was happening there were lots of grudge killings and extra juridical murders reported and unreported,were talking thousand of deaths up and down the country including a lot of innocent people.

As for spicy it has always been a sh%thole :)