Where To Buy Audio Cables In Chiang Mai

msg362

Just upgrading to a semi pro video camera that has XLR3 pin connectors ( 3 pin) but no 3.5mm jack plug connection. I've got a couple of microphones that have ? xlr connections but the cable ends in a standard jack plug. I assume they do not need phantom power.

I also have a lapel microphone with a 3.5 mm pug.

I need to get adaptors so that I can plug the mics into the connections on the video recorder.

That is: female standard jack plug to XLR and 3.5 mm female jack plug into XLR.

The only shop I know is Amorn, who didn't have any.

Can anyone suggest where in Chiang Mai i might get them, or alternatively suggest someone who might make them up for me

Thanks in advance

Just upgrading to a semi pro video camera that has XLR3 pin connectors ( 3 pin) but no 3.5mm jack plug connection. I've got a couple of microphones that have ? xlr connections but the cable ends in a standard jack plug. I assume they do not need phantom power.

I need to get adaptors so that I can plug the mics into the connections on the video recorder.

Can anyone suggest where in Chiang Mai i might get them, or alternatively suggest someone who might make them up for me

Thanks in advance

Most of the computer plazas have a wide range of cables but if Amorn don't have them maybe the ones you need are not standard. I don't really understand what those cables are, but if they are for microphones, maybe (and only maybe) the stores selling and making speakers and amps near Kasem Store (next to Neramit Tailors) may have them.

Go on ebay and run a search. There are dozens of sellers, many in Hong Kong, service is great and prices so low you wouldn't believe it. You'll have your cables in a week at way under what you'd pay even in Thailand.

Thanks in advance

On the 4th floor in Central airport plaza is a very good audioshop, don.t know their name, but it's the only audio shop on that floor, a small shop

I am sure they have it or can make it for you!