Windows 7 Ftp Software

bkkmick

I've been using LeapFTP for FTP'ing software to our website but, I guess due to problems with our internet connection, sometimes it only uploads part of a file which obviously leads to problems. There isn't a feature to verify that the upload was successful.

Anyone like to recommend an FTP application that runs on Win7 that can verify that an upload was completed?

Cheers.

Nice one Gigabyte. I've downloaded it and installed it. I think that the first transfer I tried failed and FileZilla uploaded it again. I also like the fact that I can have more that one FTP connection open at the same time (was always a pain closing/opening to a new site).

Thanks

Nice one Gigabyte. I've downloaded it and installed it. I think that the first transfer I tried failed and FileZilla uploaded it again. I also like the fact that I can have more that one FTP connection open at the same time (was always a pain closing/opening to a new site).

Thanks

You can try WinSCP. It runs on Win7...

It has come nice sync features and you can use scripts to do the syncing... no problems with clicking the wrong button.

But if I were you I would use ssh (sftp) instead of ftp if your webhost support it. (WinSCP supports ssh)

Martin

If you have a fast connection, you can also increase the number of simultaneous transfers in Filezilla (edit->settings->transfers). If you are transferring large quantities of small files it speeds things up a lot because the program spends less time waiting around for responses.

Thanks for the input everyone. FileZilla is doing the job great. I've noticed a few times that an incomplete file was uploaded and FileZilla noticed too and re-uploaded it automatically.

All the best

Mick

Edited by bkkmick