Eyeglassses / Laser Surgery / Contacs

FATBOYTHAI

Yes, I could buy them in my country (USA) before I get there, but I love the SE Asia discount.

I posted also in General Topics. Anybody know where to get quality glasses? Laser surgery? Contacs? Looking for eye doctors. Either in BK or Rattanaburi, Surin. I do time in both localities. Please help. Thank you to anybody who can help.

I am farsited with an astigmitism and wear toric contact lenses. I was told since my perscription calls for a plus and a minus in the same eye they cannot be made in Thailand. I ordered new contact lenses from Los angeles and had them shipped FeD EX second day for $15.00 delivered right to my house in Pattaya.

Yes, I could buy them in my country (USA) before I get there, but I love the SE Asia discount.

I posted also in General Topics. Anybody know where to get quality glasses? Laser surgery? Contacs? Looking for eye doctors. Either in BK or Rattanaburi, Surin. I do time in both localities. Please help. Thank you to anybody who can help.

I had a great experience when I fixed my eyes in Bangkok. Check out

http://www.lasikthai.com/home.asp

Rutnin are certainly near the top of their class if not the best in Thailand for laser/rk surgery. You'll note though that even the owner and his son (both eye surgeons) wear glasses though. You'll get mostly happy reports coming out of there by you also get the occasional horror story of having to go back for a dozen corrective eye surgeries. Not fun I would think.

:o

Good contact lenses are tough to get in Thailand and you probably wouldn't save any money. 1-800-contacts can get them for less.

Glasses cost less here but you should bring your own prescription from home as most of the opticians here have little more than a high school education (if that).

As far as surgery in general, the more you pay, the better the surgeon. It is a supply vs demand. If everyone wants the best surgeon, the best surgeons will charge more. The less expensive surgeons charge less so they can have more patients.

50% of all LASIK surgeries in Thailand are performed at TRSC International LASIK center. They were the first to perform LASIK in Thailand and have a head start on the others in experience, customer care, and even technology. Of course, since they have the highest demand, they also charge the highest prices.

Rutnin is an excellent eye hospital. Go there if you want contacts or glasses or an eye examination.

If you want LASIK, I would recommend TRSC though.

Does anyone know if you can get your eyes examined in Thailand, say at a hospital, and use that presription to order contacts in the USA.

If you order contact lenses over the phone you can use the prescription from Thailand usually. Legally the companies are required to ask for a license number for your eye doctor. Generally they don't though.

If you go to a doctor's office to buy contact lenses, they will ask to see your prescription. They may or may not accept a prescription given from a doctor in Thailand. Many I think would though as they want to keep you as a customer.