Ban Vuvuzelas From The 2010 Fifa World Cup ?

moo9

Ban them or not?  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Adidas used to make great balls but this one is another case of 'over engineering'.

They claim it's perfectly round and all that but absolutely no consistency from what I have seen thus far.

low shots which bounce along the floor seem to bobble a lot, like a balloon does. adidas and fifa reckon it weighs 440g, but it looks lighter than that to me. back in 2006 i played a match with that world cup's ball, the adidas teamgeist, and it was stupidly light and unpredictable.

As I mentioned on another thread, never seen so many poor first touches, passes and crosses from the so-called best players in the world.

The real problem here is that it's basically a beachball.................bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........ooohhoooooo....roa-bert glean na khrap, mai chock dee na khrap.........

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No slur is intended on South Africa or their fans but the vuvuzela must go!

It is ruining the crowd atmosphere at the games; singing from fans, team bands, samba drums are all being eliminated from the party in favour of this pernicious horn. By all means keep them for South Africa games but let the fans of other teams have the opportunity to show their passion.

If anyone uses Facebook please join this group which is growing fast and spread the word. The group has already got media attention and if it gets in the millions I believe action will be taken.

BAN%20VUVUZELAS233.jpg

Edited by miltonbentley

Fair enough.

I am no fan of this annoying horn, but I also think a ban is a bit....well..."humbug".

Banning the horn would be really difficult to enforce, there has been a running battle with stewards as it is and asking them to confiscate horns from fans (who have just bought them) would lead to more trouble. Think about it.

Have teams of police roaming around shutting down stalls selling the horns would lead to even more trouble.

Lets face it.....its going to be all the way through so just get on and enjoy the footy :)

The South African fans should think about what people will remember when they talk about this World Cup. It will not be the great atmosphere, the hospitality of the hosts, exciting games etc etc - but only those stupid, annoying horns.

Not sure that your average SA fan will be that bothered really.

More intent on having a party at the football stadium.

South Africans will not be alone in horn blowing.

it's a strange one this, it's perhaps the TV viewer who is most annoyed at them. heard this morning from a mate of mine who is over there watching and he loves them. reckons they're brilliant inside the ground.

it's a strange one this, it's perhaps the TV viewer who is most annoyed at them. heard this morning from a mate of mine who is over there watching and he loves them. reckons they're brilliant inside the ground.

that's probably because the quality of football thus far has been mediocre for the most part. The horns distract people from realising this. :)

This will give you something to moan about if you dont like these horns. They will be coming to football grounds in the Premier League and Football League next season as well - enjoy :):D

Here is a snippet of the article referenced below in the 'Guardian'

...At the same time, fans in Britain have been snapping up the horns at the rate of one every two seconds and suppliers claimed the UK had been gripped by "vuvuzela fever".

"Vuvuzelas are here to stay and will never be banned," said Rich Mkhondo, a spokesman for the local World Cup organising committee. "People love the vuvuzelas around the world. Only a minority are against vuvuzelas."

The Premier League and the Football League said there was nothing in their rules to stop supporters bringing them to English grounds but the decision would rest with individual clubs

World Cup 2010: BBC may offer vuvuzela-free matches | Media | The Guardian

I expect the Premier League will start using that ball as well!!! That should get some more moaning going for sure!

BERrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Edited by dsfbrit

Well if they are going to be used in the UK, I can imagine a sharp increase in the number of procedures needed in emergency rooms to remove foreign objects from peoples rectums next season.

:):D

That's good Stevie, will upload as my ring tone straight away.

Willing to wager the last sip of my Heineken tonight that it will be less than two months before we see that thing being used somehow locally - either at local footy match or at some shopping mall where there isn't enough racket already.

They totally detract from the atmosphere of a game,it will be interesting as the games really start meaning something as opposed to the early games when everything is cagey but i dont think i have heard any singing at all really.

The crowds in the stadiums do play a massive part in the overall atmosphere of a World Cup and to hear this fuc_king racket for 90 minutes i am sure will leave a lasting impression on this tournament and in the players minds.....not a good impression.

I would like to know who has control over there admission into the stadiums the actual grounds authorities or the WCOC or does the buck stop with FIFA,it is becoming more of an issue now around the World and i think for most the banning of them will be a step forward.

Interesting that FIFA have stated that if one of them landed on the pitch they will ban them....i think that statement was said in hope that it does happen and they have an excuse to stop them....it will be interesting to see at the end of the group stages if S Africa dont go through and something happens in there disapointment what will happen?

But for me they are a nuisance and detract from the occasion,every now and then ok but continually for 90 minutes come on ...nobody wants that especially when you can see the atmosphere in the above video without these things!

BRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is is true that FIFA's Mr Blatter is not elected and it seems he can't be replaced unless he quits?

yeah sepp is elected. he makes absolutely damned sure that he is elected each time around. man's a political genius for all his glaring human faults.

They totally detract from the atmosphere of a game,it will be interesting as the games really start meaning something as opposed to the early games when everything is cagey but i dont think i have heard any singing at all really.

The crowds in the stadiums do play a massive part in the overall atmosphere of a World Cup and to hear this fuc_king racket for 90 minutes i am sure will leave a lasting impression on this tournament and in the players minds.....not a good impression.

I would like to know who has control over there admission into the stadiums the actual grounds authorities or the WCOC or does the buck stop with FIFA,it is becoming more of an issue now around the World and i think for most the banning of them will be a step forward.

Interesting that FIFA have stated that if one of them landed on the pitch they will ban them....i think that statement was said in hope that it does happen and they have an excuse to stop them....it will be interesting to see at the end of the group stages if S Africa dont go through and something happens in there disapointment what will happen?

But for me they are a nuisance and detract from the occasion,every now and then ok but continually for 90 minutes come on ...nobody wants that especially when you can see the atmosphere in the above video without these things!

I noticed that the players are adapting to that NOISE. In yesterday's Holland Denmark match, did you see RVP plead with the ref about not hearing him because of the V infestation after he chipped one over the keeper after the whistle went?

I'm not sure that the FIFA realize that these are no doubt significantly reducing the world audience of television viewers who may ordinarily watch 2 or even 3 games in a row. I want to but I have a headache, light headedness and edgy nerves (not related to any game results either) after just one game so watching any more consecutively is out of the question so I'm having to be very selective. This can't be good for sponsors and advertiser as it's certain I'm not the only one effected in this way..

It has been said to embrace the South African culture and such nonsense so does that mean they should allow Hooliganism too? I know that's extreme but it is an example of having to make changes that effected other people at the matches to a great degree and as well teh World cup is a privilege to host not the other way around..

I'm not sure that the FIFA realize that these are no doubt significantly reducing the world audience of television viewers who may ordinarily watch 2 or even 3 games in a row. I want to but I have a headache, light headedness and edgy nerves (not related to any game results either) after just one game so watching any more consecutively is out of the question so I'm having to be very selective. This can't be good for sponsors and advertiser as it's certain I'm not the only one effected in this way..

It has been said to embrace the South African culture and such nonsense so does that mean they should allow Hooliganism too? I know that's extreme but it is an example of having to make changes that effected other people at the matches to a great degree and as well teh World cup is a privilege to host not the other way around..

Agreed.

is is true that FIFA's Mr Blatter is not elected and it seems he can't be replaced unless he quits?

yeah sepp is elected. he makes absolutely damned sure that he is elected each time around. man's a political genius for all his glaring human faults.

This seems appropriate then

post-105662-051101900 1276586139_thumb.j

Agree with you on this one, this is about the football surely, not African culture?

I noticed that the players are adapting to that NOISE. In yesterday's Holland Denmark match, did you see RVP plead with the ref about not hearing him because of the V infestation after he chipped one over the keeper after the whistle went?

Yes saw that James and thought was he pulling a fast one or did he really not hear the whistle,that is another point on them the decibels must be unreal!

nice generalisation there. you want to throw racism into the pot as well?