World Cup - Germany

Lotusbluete

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Y E SSSSS!!! Germany thrashed Argentina by 4 : 0! Four goals againt a team the had the best player of the world, Messi, in its squad.

As our German BILD newspaper titled today: Adios, Diego!

Very, very well done boys. First England 4 : 1, now Argentina 4 : 0. Germany has to fear nobody. Spain, we wait for you tonight!

Jogi Loew, you are great!

Is this the best German team ever?

Schweinsteiger reminds me of Lothar Mattahius a holding midfielder with brilliant attacking skills.

Then Muller and Ozil are simply sublime forget about Messi or Ronaldo these two are the best players at this world cup.

Mertesacker at center back seems to be 30 seconds ahead of every one else the way he reads the game.

What a team.

CONGRATULATIONS GERMANY :thumbsup:

4-0 to Argentina.

Absolutely superior to the Argentinian team who never came into their game.

I'm very curious if Spain will be able to beat this German team; they play soooo easy, correct and with an unbelievable defense system also.

I'm smelling a SUSPENSE FINAL.......Holland - Germany :rolleyes:

This also shows something else but very important to world football:

If Spain wins tonight over Paraguay of which I have little doubt, the WORLD CUP will have 3 European Continent countries with the last 4 and just one -small- South American country - Uruguay, having to play against Holland without their best player in the team, Luis SUAREZ who got a RED CARD :redcard2:, last night for stopping the ball with his hands and thus, indirectly, throwing Ghana out. A pure drama for the entire African continent. :(

3 European countries with the last 4....Holland - Germany - Spain

1 South American team : Uruguay

What does that mean ?

Comments?

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Unbelievable! Schweinsteiger was world class! Argenina might have had more of the possession but no clear chance for goal. I feel really sorry for Mueller - that did absolutely not deserve a yellow card.

4-0 to Argentina.

I'm very curious if Spain will be able to beat this German team; they play soooo easy, correct and with an unbelievable defense system also.

If Spain wins tonight over Paraguay of which I have little doubt, the WORLD CUP will have 3 European Continent countries with the last 4 and just one -small- South American country - Uruguay, having to play against Holland without their best player in the team, Luis SUAREZ who got a RED CARD :redcard2:, last night for stopping the ball with his hands and thus, indirectly, throwing Ghana out. A pure drama for the entire African continent. :(

What does that mean ?

Comments?

LaoPo

Well, basically it means that they are doing one better than in 2006 when we had 4 European teams in the semi finals.

4-0 to Argentina.

What does that mean ?

Comments?

LaoPo

It means you're jumping the gun mate. No doubt you will be correc,t but this WC has shown so many twists and turns Paraguay winning is not beyond the realms.

Dam_n! Now I'm going to have to pick between Germany and Holland, well done Germany I see a Holland Germany final.. Each one in their own right handled the top seated teams for this cup and did it with style.. So far to me Spain has been unremarkable, maybe they're saving their best for last?

Someone said something about having peaked too early? I thought that was BS as they only stubbed their toe after handling Australia and they have been stellar rising to each individual challenge since then and raising their game accordingly even if they didn't have to rise too high against England..If you're going to stub your toe best do it in the first round of elimination and peak for the rest of the matches and that's what they're doing, well played...

Edited by WarpSpeed

Take that, Maradona! And that, and that and that!

Germany completely out coached Argentina. The skillful Argentina players took one too many touches on the ball and eventually lost it. Their midfield was suspect and young, fast German players exploited the weak Argentina defence. The German defense blocked all shooting lanes and very few good shots tested the German goalie.

After watching a few German games I wouldn't be surprised to see them make the finals. My guess is it will be Germany vs the Netherlands.

4-0 to Argentina.

What does that mean ?

Comments?

LaoPo

It means you're jumping the gun mate. No doubt you will be correc,t but this WC has shown so many twists and turns Paraguay winning is not beyond the realms.

I agree; that would be something if Paraguay beats Spain tonight ...................we'll know in 2-3 hours from now.

Than the situation would be:

2 European teams - Holland - Germany

2 South American - Uruguay - Paraguay

Would an ALL South American FINAL belong to the possibilities.....after you've seen Germany beat Argentina with 4-0 ? :rolleyes:

hmmmm

LaoPo

Great performance by the Germans. Hopeless Argentine defense. Wonderful to see that cheating midget looking so dejected. First time they play one of the better teams they get hammered.

This German team is getting better every game and also looks extremely fit, should they have to play extra time.

I hope that seals the end for that drug taking cheat. Excellent performance from the fittest football team I have seen for many years (if not ever).

You took the words right out of my mouth! 'Hand-of-God' lying, cheating, drug-taking, fat freak - bye-bye Maragonner. Still, you've got a nicely trimmed moustache and beard - very "three musketeers". But looks are no substitute for class.

Well done Germany - great game. The 3rd goal was my favourite - just waltzed through the defence and a short back-pass for the tap-in.

I hope that seals the end for that drug taking cheat. Excellent performance from the fittest football team I have seen for many years (if not ever).

You took the words right out of my mouth! 'Hand-of-God' lying, cheating, drug-taking, fat freak - bye-bye Maragonner. Still, you've got a nicely trimmed moustache and beard - very "three musketeers". But looks are no substitute for class.

Well done Germany - great game. The 3rd goal was my favourite - just waltzed through the defence and a short back-pass for the tap-in.

Agree with all the above sentiments.

Happy to see the back of that ego-inflated knob.

And congrats to the Germans for playing some great football.

I'm very disappointed with this German side.....why can't they play like that against England......would have been 10-1......! :D

Nevermind the England jokes mate, i want to hear what you are saying right from day 23 about who will win.;)

As I said right from day 1 its Argerntina to win ......seen nothing to convince me otherwise.......the only other side with a chance is Brazil.

Say what you like about his personality or the character of the man, but he is the greatest footballer ever to play the game and it doesn't matter how much coke he shoveled up his nose.

Say what you like about his personality or the character of the man, but he is the greatest footballer ever to play the game and it doesn't matter how much coke he shoveled up his nose.

Pele had a lot more class, both on and off the pitch.

• Like 1

Germany were awesome,dont think the argies did any homework or preparation(probably hugging each other too much).They did n't mark their opponents,gave them too much space and generally cruiesed around like it was just another game.

Germany will be too strong for spain,looking like germany v holland final.

George Best a great footballer but he is more a story of talent wasted than talent fulfilled. Bests career was over when he left United, I know he carried on playing into the 80's but never for a team of the same stature, he had won two league titles and a European cup while at united hardly a honors list of a true great.

Maradonna won League titles in 3 different countries, including leading Napoli to 2 league titles who hadn't won any titles before Maradonna and haven't won any since he left. Then there's the small matter of the 1986 world cup no player before or since has dominated a world cup the way Maradonna did in that tournament.

Edited by noel2499rk

Germany were awesome,dont think the argies did any homework or preparation(probably hugging each other too much).They did n't mark their opponents,gave them too much space and generally cruiesed around like it was just another game.

Anyone who saw how Argentina played in the qualifiers knew that it was only a matter of time before their shakey defence and their suspect tactics got exposed. Just a matter of when...

Germany will be too strong for spain,looking like germany v holland final.

Germany should by rights prevail over Spain. The Germans have been on fire whereas the Spanish have stuttered in pretty much every game.

Haven't seen enough of Uruguay to know what sort of game the will give the Dutch, but they must be in with a chance. Holland's game against Brazil turned on a free kick from a dive and after that Brazil lost their way and became more and more distracted and frustrated by Robben's silly tricks. Take this out of the equation and it could have been a very different game.