True High Speed

fvw53

I switched to True High Speed Internet Service (12 Mbs dowload) but to my great shock I notice that my software for Peer to Peer download does not work any more (it did with my previous provider)

This is for the end to download my weekly favorite American soap opera.

Does somebody know if True is the only provider to block peer to peer networks?

I'm not on True, but I seriously doubt they have started blocking peer-to-peer networks. Heck, I see Trueusers always bragging on ThaiVisa about the speed they get in peer-to-peer downloads and day-to-day browsing. I expect you need to change/update something in your peer-to-peer software due to you changing ISPs.

I have True 12 Mbps ADSL - no problems downloading anything.

May be I have to say that I use the following Peer to Peer network software : www.usenext.com

I can download anything like you except that my Usenext software cannot get online

After your message I decided to call the True service service center and they replied that my 12 Mbps subscription does not include "data" and "peer to peer networks"

May be I have to say that I use the following Peer to Peer network software : www.usenext.com

I can download anything like you except that my Usenext software cannot get online

After your message I decided to call the True service service center and they replied that my 12 Mbps subscription does not include "data" and "peer to peer networks"

I also should add that www.usenext.com is a provider of a paid content (subscription on a monthly or yearly basis)

True service center? I guess they do not know "exactly" the meaning of the words "data"......or do they consider the Internet as a analogical voice carrier? laugh.giflaugh.gif

I have had True Hi-Speed 12Mbps for a long time.

I have never experienced anything being blocked except for certain web pages.

I doubt that they block P2P. Frostwire/Limewire/Gnutella works or at least did a month ago when my wife used it last time.

Martin

You can download fine with True from USENET servers with true. Don't use the ripoff crap service like usenet.com

Get your own usenet provider such as Giganews, Usnetserver, astraweb. use with NZBmatrix or newzbin or similar and use your own software such as Newsleecher or NZBDrop, or unison on mac. Save money.

I can download from usenet at 1.7MB/s on True Premium 16mb.

Don't know why people use those USENET frontends such as graboid. When u can get unlimited data and free NZB for usenet for the same content much much cheaper.

All those rip-off companies do is get the NZB's from NZBMAtrix and newzbin and give u a nice front end to download them. pointless.