Marina Near Hua Hin For Speed Boat ?

JohanBKK

Hello,

I went to pranburi looking for a marina for a speed boat but there are only fishing boats, no speed boats at all.

In hua hin there is no marina, just a few fishing boats.

I want to buy a speed boat but i want to keep it in a safe place in the water, a marina.

My other option is to pay someone to stay on the boat all day and all night to keep an eye on it... but i don't really like this option.

Any idea ? I don't see any speed boat in Hua hin.

• Like 1

You're right Johan, I haven't seen anything other than tourist boats and fishing boats here either. Maybe it would a business opportunity to open a small marina in the Hua Hin/Cha-Am area for speed boats, private yachts, and sailboats.

I think it's really expensive to set up a marina, i don't have enough money. Anyway if someone want to try it i could invest some money maybe if the business plan seems nice to me.

I still don't understand why the big hotels like the hilton don't have a marina for their customers or clients.

I will go there to take a look, but i'm not really interested in a dry storage, that's would mean call them before go somewhere so they can put the boat in the water. But a dry storage for when i'm not using my boat for a long period it's ok.

I will go there to take a look, but i'm not really interested in a dry storage, that's would mean call them before go somewhere so they can put the boat in the water. But a dry storage for when i'm not using my boat for a long period it's ok.

Barry Stone who operates Mermaid cruises has a marina in Pak nam pran and he rents out berths and also has boats or can aqcuire boats. He also has dry dock facilities for repair and maintenance, shower block etc. try his website, I think its mermaid cruises or huahin cruises or google mermaid cruises or call him on 0848007400. Tell him Kevin Page gave you his number. Good Luck.

Thanks, i emailed him.

15-20 minutes drive south of Hua Hin there is a very good marina. Water, power, drystand. Plenty of speedboats, sailboats, charterboats and even Thaksins Azimut 43.

Bit difficult to find, but ask Jim who runs the big charterboat (not the small Mai Thai). Their ticketsales is located at the small road between Hilton and the pier in HH. Inbetween the seafoodrestaurants.

Thanks, i emailed him.

15-20 minutes drive south of Hua Hin there is a very good marina. Water, power, drystand. Plenty of speedboats, sailboats, charterboats and even Thaksins Azimut 43.

Bit difficult to find, but ask Jim who runs the big charterboat (not the small Mai Thai). Their ticketsales is located at the small road between Hilton and the pier in HH. Inbetween the seafoodrestaurants.

Do you have a Google map for this marina please ? My boat is coming soon, less than 10 days and i need a marina ready.

Thanks.

Thanks, i emailed him.

Do you have a Google map for this marina please ? My boat is coming soon, less than 10 days and i need a marina ready.

Thanks.

Sorry, dont even know how to use google. I have only been at the marina 3 times couple of years ago, so have a talk with Jim or his staff how to find it.

• 5 months later...

Hi JohanBKK,

If you are still looking for a speedboat I've one to sale.

It's built in 2008 in Phuket in TaiMarin and it's stored out there at the moment.

10.6m long, 2x 200hps engines speedboat.

Let me know if you are interested.

Regards,

Michael

Hi JohanBKK,

If you are still looking for a speedboat I've one to sale.

It's built in 2008 in Phuket in TaiMarin and it's stored out there at the moment.

10.6m long, 2x 200hps engines speedboat.

Let me know if you are interested.

Regards,

Michael

I think he got his boat in June or July from the date of his post, so you guys need to race for pink slips, or whatever the color of the boat books are out here...

This is the marina on the north side of the river at Pak Nam Pran:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Pak+Nam+Pran+Pran+Buri+Prachuap+Khiri+Khan+Thailand&sll=53.47091,0.157351&sspn=0.049046,0.110378&g=Donna+Nook,+Louth,+United+Kingdom&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Pak+Nam+Pran,+Pran+Buri,+Prachuap+Khiri+Khan,+Thailand&ll=12.407794,99.979008&spn=0.00503,0.006899&t=h&z=17

It is not, as the tour guides, touts and developers state in their advertisments, just 15 minutes south of Hua Hin unless you fly a helicopter!

I had a boat at the marina if that is what its called had loads of trouble with damage rats and management that don't care they saw my boat being damaged and would do nothing to help me.

It is half full of fishing boats with non Thai crews and a line of very bad bars which service the crews day and night.

Be warned

This is the marina on the north side of the river at Pak Nam Pran:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Pak+Nam+Pran+Pran+Buri+Prachuap+Khiri+Khan+Thailand&sll=53.47091,0.157351&sspn=0.049046,0.110378&g=Donna+Nook,+Louth,+United+Kingdom&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Pak+Nam+Pran,+Pran+Buri,+Prachuap+Khiri+Khan,+Thailand&ll=12.407794,99.979008&spn=0.00503,0.006899&t=h&z=17

It is not, as the tour guides, touts and developers state in their advertisments, just 15 minutes south of Hua Hin unless you fly a helicopter!

Johan, Did you ever find Barry's marina. I was down there recently and it seems secure and I think would be a good place to keep a boat. It's probably 30 minutes to drive there because of the winding roads (Pak Nam Pran) but he has good facilities for maintenance and repair as he also builds boats there. By water it's probably only about 15 minutes from Hua Hin in a speedboat as it is near the mouth of the Pranburi river.