Mutant Chopper

monster25

So what do you think of my mutant buell chopper that Richo HD in changi mai built for me.

Engine is a worked buell engine running a 1250 big bore kit and hi comp pistons, N6 cams, Thunderstorm race heads, Daytona single fire rave ignition, 42 Mukuni carb.

The frame is from Redneck engineering and the front end 4" over

Just waiting on the airbrush and paint

post-108887-025960800 1276615148_thumb.j

post-108887-063158000 1276615686_thumb.j

post-108887-037517700 1276615787_thumb.j

Edited by monster25

I lied about the excise tax as they can do it until the bike gets painted

Quite an amazing monster, Monster! That will turn a few heads when you take her out. Mind if I ask how much you have into it?

The bike has been rebuilt three times, The first time was turning the lame ass M2 buell into a street fighter with the power to match, I then built it into a chopper that won best custom HD at one of the bike weeks. Road it for a while before taking it to Richo HD to be completely changed and rebuilt. I will post some pictures later on the transformation of the bike.

I would guess with the shipping and importing of the bike parts and the cost of buying the buell and the working in Thailand about 1.1 million baht.

I am not a chopper fan, but I kinda like the tank / seat lines.. And as long as you love it then thats what count.. Well done..

Monster. if you can keep us all informed that would be cool.... I'm thinking the emissions test will be the biggest problem . good luck

May have to go back to stock carb and pipes if they make it a issue

I thought carbed bikes had nearly zero chance of passing ??

Tho of course the right payment probably ensures it will..

Please post as much in detail about the registration process, the build certification etc.. Thats rare info and the kind of stuff worth knowing.

It looks good dude! Kinda over powered.....but what the hey! And the the seat. Pretty brave rollin' with that if your in Oz! :)

I am not in Oz I am in Thailand, and pink is a boys and girls color here.

it will look better with paint and the seat covered

The bike started out standard then It became a bit of a street fighter before being made into a mutant

post-108887-032696300 1276690519_thumb.j

post-108887-024009100 1276690554_thumb.j

Very nice bike, I like some of redneck engineering's frames. Thought about using a Buell donor and one of Baron's custom frames for a project. Please do post your experiences for getting it reg'd.

cheers

Very nice bike, I like some of redneck engineering's frames. Thought about using a Buell donor and one of Baron's custom frames for a project. Please do post your experiences for getting it reg'd.

cheers

Mate if you go for the redneck spend the extra money and get the new Mutant with the shock, I had just the normal seat at first and it killed my back, then went to a spring seat which was good but a little to much bounce. I hope the new shocks I have are going to be just right

Edited by monster25

cheers

Mate if you go for the redneck spend the extra money and get the new Mutant with the shock, I had just the normal seat at first and it killed my back, then went to a spring seat which was good but a little to much bounce. I hope the new shocks I have are going to be just right

I liked the street fighter and the chopper version so I am interested as hel_l to see how this one comes out with paint.

As I have a just went a week with no contact back from the guy who was supposed to be supplying my front end I am approaching the desperate stage here...Please hold onto that front end for me as I ma need it sooner then later.

We are building a custom tank for a guy building Redneck monshock frame ......looks stunning and if I know Redneck the quality is first rate.

Edited by vision

It looks good dude! Kinda over powered.....but what the hey! And the the seat. Pretty brave rollin' with that if your in Oz! :)

I am not in Oz I am in Thailand, and pink is a boys and girls color here.

it will look better with paint and the seat covered

The bike started out standard then It became a bit of a street fighter before being made into a mutant

It wasn't meant to be a criticism dude. I like the silver with pink. If it was me I would use pink in the graphics too!

• 1 month later...

Monsterman, what an awesome bike! But like some designer shoes looking sexy but terribly uncomfortable, I want good ergonomics. In shoes, I'm looking for comfort above all. My fear would be that it takes a gymnast to ride it for more than half an hour without serious pain and muscle cramps...

There is a V-Rod for sale in Udon for only 500 k, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNul9Zt3b78

Chris

KF6vci

The bike handles well enough and the riding position suites me and is only a pain on bad bumpy roads but with the seat shocks its not painful but just gets tiring at speeds on bad roads, its not my only ride and have a few more bikes to use for touring or sports riding, but this one is my favorite. I have no trouble riding it all day. The next bike for me is most probably a Street Glide with the big electra seat put on it for the wife and maybe a turbo charger :D

Indeed a very very cool looking bike, you must be getting a lot of attention when out riding it.B)

HD's touring series are very compy 2up, rode my Road King with the wife (back rest for her) on several trips where we did +500 clicks in one day, only problem was my ears as I hate using earplugs thus not using them.