Just Got My Two Entry Visa

Hi Guys

I just got my 2 entry tourist visa, the stamp says that my second entries must be utilized before the 7th September (52 days) I thought a two entry must be utilized within 6 months?? Not 3?? What options for extensions have I got? Am I able to extend that 7th September for another 30 days while in Thailand then leave and come back and get the second entry stamped for 60 days and then extend 30 after that??

Thanks for your help, this is my first visa I’ve done besides the ones you get at the airports

Cheers

Your 52 days makes no sense but 90 days is the normal allowed time for a locally issued 2 entry visa.

First entry 60 days - you can extend but need to make second entry before the date on visa if you want to use it. If date is September 7 you can return on September 6 for a new 60 day stay and extend that another 30 days.

I land on the 18th July where i'll get my first stamp, the girl at the consilate said sometihng about date of issue? so i must get my secound stamp before the 7th September so I cant extend my first entry?

so i pretty much screwed up with the date i submitted my visa application?? it's 90 days from date of issue to secound re entry :)

Edited by RussOz

Most people get in Vientiane and that is always 90 days but they enter the next day so are able to obtain most of the 30 day extension if they want. For you your early application makes that impossible.

This really sucks because i read on their site that for a double entry you have 6 months to utilize and 3 months for a single entry, I rang them and they said 3 months, I guess i'll just apply for another single entry after doing more traveling around Asia

i now have to change the dates on my outgoing and incoming tickeets to Kl and from Singapore back to BKK to make sure im back in Thailand on the 6th Sept

So frustrating but you learn, I just have to alter my planned schedule I had

"6. A one-entry visa must be utilized within 3 months from the date of issue of the visa. A double entry visa must be utilised within 6 months from the date of issue of the visa. A multiple entry visa must be utilized within one year."

Edited by Mario2008
double quote deleted

number 6 of the instruction which I quoted about 6 months to utilize that was from the website of my local consulate, I'm so annoyed to why they have done this, let me als add this is dne in Australia

"6. A one-entry visa must be utilized within 3 months from the date of issue of the visa. A double entry visa must be utilised within 6 months from the date of issue of the visa. A multiple entry visa must be utilized within one year."

Edited by RussOz

The visa should have been free. You can use the two 60 day entries and save the 3,800 baht extension of stay fees and obtain another free visa with a quick trip to Vientiane or PP to make the six months of use if that is your aim. Or just get a new visa(s) on your trips that are already planned.

the visa was free, I rang them and what sounded like a thai with an Australian education spoke with me to explain that the website is yet to be updated, the other Thai who sounded like any other Thai who i was dealing with my first inquiry just said "you can get another visa in another country" :) apparently it's being changed from 6 to 3 months.... well it has in Australia.