A Puket Lawyer

chiang mai

I just had some work done by a Lawyer in Chalong and I was very impressed on all fronts, excellent service, sensible price and a very capable and knowledgeable lawyer as well - she's a nice a lady also which helps. PK Law, kuhn Rungnapa is not only a lawyer but a Barrister. If anyone needs a lawyer I can recommend.

Hi, i'm posting well today, there's a few .. law, but if it's the one up from .......... on the road to ..., set back off the road, quite a modern building, down stairs clerks and up stairs her office .

Warning!!!!!

Again what chalk for one is cheese for another, i can only go on my experience, great english , but talking about scamming, it was a iron first in a velvet glove, any excuse to relieve me of my money. i can say i didn't give it , threatened court and moved on

I heard the practice had been taken to court themselves for fraud and missapropreation of funds

If it's a different practice i apologise, but if it's the same, just shows you!!!!

Edited by LivinginKata
Details of office removed. Not allowed under 'name & shame' rules

Interested in the distinction the OP makes 'not only a lawyer but a barrister too' - care to expand on that please?

My understanding is that only a Barrister is allowed to argue cases in the upper courts, if nothing else it shows advanced learning in the field of law.

Interested in the distinction the OP makes 'not only a lawyer but a barrister too' - care to expand on that please?

My understanding is that only a Barrister is allowed to argue cases in the upper courts, if nothing else it shows advanced learning in the field of law.

i have never heard of that distinction here in thailand. Sounds to me like a sales pitch from your 'barrister'

i have never heard of that distinction here in thailand. Sounds to me like a sales pitch from your 'barrister'

You are correct, despite her business card reading "Barrister" it seems that there is no distinction here in Thailand between a Solicitor and a Barrister, a Thai lawyer performs both functions, two quotes below clarify. Maybe I'm going to regret starting this thread but I hope all readers accept it was done so in good faith!

"The Thai legal profession does not divide lawyers into different groupings, as is the practice in some jurisdictions where lawyers are designated as solicitors and barristers. Lawyers in Thailand act as both solicitors by preparing litigation and evidence for trial and as barristers responsible for filing suits, pleadings and petitions".

"Somphob notes some fundamental difference between studying and practicing law in Thailand compared to many Western countries. “You don’t need an undergraduate degree to study law here. You can go right from high school to law school. You study general law for four years, then you practice with the law society for one year and you get your license, which states you can practice as both a barrister and a solicitor. The two roles aren’t separated in Thailand".

Hi, i'm posting well today, there's a few .... law, but if it's the one up from ...... on the road to the ...., set back off the road, quite a modern building, down stairs clerks and up stairs her office

Warning!!!!!

Again what chalk for one is cheese for another, i can only go on my experience, great english , but talking about scamming, it was a iron first in a velvet glove, any excuse to relieve me of my money. i can say i didn't give it , threatened court and moved on

I heard the practice had been taken to court themselves for fraud and missapropreation of funds

If it's a different practice i apologise, but if it's the same, just shows you!!!!

You might just be right and I might just be the odd man out on all of this, luckily for me I might add.

I have only used them for simple clerical type processes, nothing like case law and courts, just paperwork etc.

However I found them fairly professional, prompt, kept time appointments, and above average as Thai businesses go.

It seems there's a consensus that the firm is good for smaller task but one negative report of work on a larger task, who's to know, maybe it's a case of you can't please all the people all the time. Interesting though that the lawyer in question would describe herself on her business card as a Barrister when no such unique role exists here. Perhaps it's just a marketing angle and it certainly got my attention, hardly a hanging offence I would have thought! Doubtless other reports will surface over time. For what it's worth I would use them again, regardless.

Hmm, my experience wasn't great!

Went there a couple of years ago to seek information about Wills. I'd made an appointment with the very person the OP writes about, but on arrival she couldn't keep it.

Instead, a lady (of unknown qualification) came to talk with me just in the public reception, and gave answers to my queries. Less than 10 minutes later, I was done and she had the cheek to ask me for 1000 baht fee!!

Failure to see my original interviewer, not talking to me in a private area, "who are you?"............oh, yes, of course, I'll pay!

Just left with a 'mai pen rai' thrown at me. Turned out that what this lady told me was rubbish anyway!!

I have been to court with Rungnapa in PK lawoffice. She is a brilliant lawyer, unlike most Phuket gold diggers she is born here, and her father and husbands family are all into law.

She is honest, straight, unafraid of bully male opponents and to be trusted.

In adition she has a pleasant personality and her english language skills are good.

As for the "barrister" title, according to Thai legal system I guess that would be the correct english word to describe her profession, since she is allowd to do a case in Thai Supreme court

I have been to court with Rungnapa in PK lawoffice. She is a brilliant lawyer, unlike most Phuket gold diggers she is born here, and her father and husbands family are all into law.

In adition she has a pleasant personality and her english language skills are good.

As for the "barrister" title, according to Thai legal system I guess that would be the correct english word to describe her profession, since she is allowd to do a case in Thai Supreme court

Excellent news, BTW, she's from Fang in northern Thailand but that makes no difference, she still a very capable person and comes across very well.

Would you recommend her to arrange the purchase a house in wife's name and arranging a 30 lease for myself.

Would you recommend her to arrange the purchase a house in wife's name and arranging a 30 lease for myself.

I can also recommend an excellent lawyer for this type of work.

Supwan Tukwan of Phuket Land Law located at the marina.

She has been my lawyer for six years now and has been a god send.

Her due diligence searches have saved me a fortune.

She speaks perfect English.

Funny when I sold my last plot of land the buyer used PK, don't know which lawyer though but my lawyer had to amend a few things on their contract.

I would NOT recommend her I'm afraid.

Barristers/solicitors the following is a quote from a lawyer and what i have always believed and probably

is the same in most country's.

I asked if a lawyer could be both a barrister and solicitor,

Depends on where they practice. In western Australia theoretically yes but in practice lawyers generally specialize.

solicitors deal with clients on all sorts of matters and can go to court in litigious matters.

For very serious court matters the solicitors deals with the client and when it comes to a trail brief a barrister to appear on there behalf

I would NOT recommend her I'm afraid.

I would recommend her.

I havent used her services for 3 years, but 6 to 3 years ago it was excellent.

You may want to see her alone, to avoid your wifes influence on content in lease. Lease is simple stuff, but its up to you what you want it to contain, like change to freehold whenever you desire, change lessee and new lessee recieves new 30 year, etc.

As far as I know, she is in Muang able to register 30 year on one lessee and 30 year on another (your child?) if desired. Double taxes though. There is a separate thread on this in TV property.

Erm I thought having a lease with your wife was a flat out no no..

Reason being the land is hers (as you sign a declaration its 100% hers and not a marital asset) yet as shes your wife the lease becomes a 50/50 marital asset..

Erm I thought having a lease with your wife was a flat out no no..

Reason being the land is hers (as you sign a declaration its 100% hers and not a marital asset) yet as shes your wife the lease becomes a 50/50 marital asset..

very true if legally married, but at least you have secured 50%