Jazz Venues In Pattaya / Jomtien

kola

Hello, I searched the forum for jazz pattaya and couldn't find anything.

I'd like to know where I can go listen to jazz live band in the pattaya area, and maybe eat and/or have a drink.

I can only tell you one that I found it's on beach road, name is Hopf, I don't remember the soi, maybe 7.

Inside you have good musicians including a farang who sings really good and play drums, with him are two keyboards, one guitar and one bass and lots of electronic equipment, the sound is really excellent.

The venus itself is a restaurant and also serves drinks, very nicely decorated.

This is perfect for me, but they don't play only jazz, they play several kind of musics.

So that would be perfect, but after a while I'd like to also have other similar (jazz) venues to go to and also on sunday Hopf doesn't have the band.

Thank you if you can direct me to such a list of jazz venues in the pattaya area, or add the ones you know with as much infos as possible to locate them, as I'm not really good at finding places and have some communication problems with mototaxis, especially when I don't know exactly the names of places in thaiglish :-)

I was at Central Festival a few days ago and saw a sign saying Jazz on Friday's from 6-10PM. It's in that international food court that faces the ocean...floor 3 or so? I couldn't make it this past Friday, but will stop by for sure this next week.

Here is what else I have heard:

Jazz Pit: Not on Tuesdays, Mondays is Jam session

Manhattans every Saturday

I went to the Jazz Pit a few years ago. It was OK...drinks/food are expensive. I sure miss the venues in Bangkok!

I was at Central Festival a few days ago and saw a sign saying Jazz on Friday's from 6-10PM. It's in that international food court that faces the ocean...floor 3 or so? I couldn't make it this past Friday, but will stop by for sure this next week.

Here is what else I have heard:

Jazz Pit: Not on Tuesdays, Mondays is Jam session

Manhattans every Saturday

I went to the Jazz Pit a few years ago. It was OK...drinks/food are expensive. I sure miss the venues in Bangkok!

Jazz Pit it is! Nice atmosphere and the resident guitar player is very good! Not a cheap place indeed, but AFAIK the only place with Jazz in town.

Still, it is mainstream stuff they play, nothing offending, we have to get used to the fact that there is no such a thing as a music or art scene around here.

Thank you, I went to PIT KITCHEN, soi 5, last night and talked to the staff, from what I've gathered, they stopped having live band music one month ago and will start again "when boss tell me" so probably a few months before high season.

I've found another one, went in to check but since it's low season, they play live jazz only once a month, next time is saturday 3rd july.

Also on internet I've find a name, Mojo Club with the description saying there is jazz club and musician, but I've yet to visit it.

So I repeat the list:

* Manhattan's Steakhouse, Nirvana Complex, Thappraya Road (on the hilltop between Pattaya and Jomtien)

Live Jazz only once a month in low season, need to look inside for next date

http://www.manhattans-pattaya.com

* PIC Kitchen, Pattaya beach road (or 2nd road) soi 5

No live Jazz in low season

http://www.pic-kitchen.com

* Hopf Brew House, on beach Beach Road just on the corner of soi 13/2

Every day but sundays. Best time is from 11pm onwards since the drummer/singer farang starts to play long time, before it's only the thai band, they play/sing good but with the farang it's better.

* Mojo Club, Jomtien Complex Condotel, off Thanon Thep Prasit, Jomtien

Never visited, descriptions says it is a relaxing jazz club where you can sing your blues away with the talented musicians, need to check if any of this is true.

Edited by kola

Actually I was waiting in immigration office today and I read pattaya people newspaper and there was in the calendar events section a text about having jazz monday (today) starting from 8pm at PIC Kitchen, so I'll have a look inside tonight.

I didn't say that the Jazz Pitt is gone, PIC Kitchen was open when I went to check it out, but not the Jazz Pitt, and the staff told me they finished plyaing one month ago due to low season but will resume some time in the future (he didn't know since it's the boss who knows about that)

But I guess the reality is in fact they must have less jazz sessions, maybe once a month, but the staff didn't tell me that or let's say I didn't understood that.

On the other hand, yesterday I tried to find Mojo Club and went into the soi which I think is the "Jomtien Complex Condotel" where there are gay bars in jomtien, asked people from the street but they don't know about it, and I walked around and didn't see anything looking like a jazz club even with another name.

Edited by kola

I went there yesterday for nothing. They let the ad run in pattaya people newspaper so that stupid guys like me come to their restaurant to find that there is in fact no jazz session.<br>Now I talked to the staff again and she says now, it will reopen in 2 months. I told her that they should cancel the ad in pattaya people saying that mondays have jazz, she said will do, but why don't I believe at all that it was a mistake, like if I was the onlly one coming on mondays (like yesterday night) for listening to jazz as announced in the newspaper...<br><br>Anyway, I'm getting tired a little bit of hopf where I once again ended up eating to listen to something quiet.<br>After I also went to the blues factory for the first time ever, well that's blues, so not jazz or easy listening.<br>

Edited by Rimmer
Unnecessary profanity deleted

Pattaya People are so short of advertisers that they leave advertisements running long after they've expired. A friend of mine paid for a 3 months ad almost two years ago, it's still running (for free, so he's not complaining).

Edited by Phil Conners

Kola, I understand your bitterness, I miss as well a jazz or/and easy listening place here in Pattaya.

I remember, years ago, there was a Jazz Jam Session, the Sunday(Lunch Time) at the Shenanigans( before relocation).

I went to Manhattan steak house last saturday 3rd, jazz started at 20:00

Well, for sure the settings is not my cup of tea, too high service which probably will result in prices, but anyway I came only for the music even if I ate too:

one piano (good)

one singer/saxophonist/flute player (excellent)

one female singer (good)

and ipod for the backing track.

Very low volume, slow and low, so as not to disturb the customers who are for the most part more interested in talking loudly about their uneventful lives than listening to the music or respecting other wanting to hear it.

So the fault is from two sides : music too low, audience not interested.

I will never go back to manhattan for the jazz and it has nothing to do with price.

I would love to hear the singer/saxophonist (name's mark i think) in a settings where he can really play freely.

Edited by kola