E-Application For Extension Of Stay

In January 2008 Immigration in BKK started to offer e-applications for extension stay.

The link to the application info is still up and running.

Here

Has anybody ever given it a try?

opalhort

Edited by opalhort

All it says after you log in is;

“This system is just the advance reserve queue. The approval is based on documents showing that the filing date.” (that’s an exact quote of the engrish wording, so the last sentence is more than a little obscure :unsure: ).

I guess once you go thru it you get a queue number which supersedes the numbering system at Changwattana, or there's possibly a separate desk.

Once you log in, you have the choice(s) of a re-entry permit, changing the type of visa stamp you have, or applying for an extension of stay.

The user manual is worthless as tits on a proverbial bull :ermm: , as it doesn't say what you're supposed to do or what happens AFTER you fill in the online application for the previously mentioned three choices.

I'm skeptical that the system is even up and running as the map they show you after you log in is still the OLD Suan Plu location. :(

I'd have a thai speaker call the Changwattana hotline and ask the info desk if its working. If I remember I’ll call tomorrow, but if you find out do let people here know what the real story is concerning it.

FWIW: Here's the user manual to their online system

Online Immigrations User Manual.pdf

Yes, I did register with them last year and the log-in is still working.

The only advantage appears to be that you skip the queue system.

I do have the manual and looked through all the forms, but as yet never tried it.

I was just wondering if anybody has given it a try especially now at CW.

opalhort