Need Medical Recommendation

HarryLL76

I am going to visit either Bangkok or New Delhi in the next month or so. During my visit, I plan to have an extensive physical examination and also to purchase some tailor made clothing. I was in New Delhi in 2004 and was very happy with the medical exam and the tailors.

Can someone recommend one or two Bangkok hospitals that offer extensive physical exams? I will contact them and compare their cost to the cost in New Delhi for similar exam.

Thank you in advance

Harry

Checkup

I just had a complete check at Pra Ram 9. I think it was good value but I was charged an addl B400 as a doctor fee. I did not notice it and am pretty angry about it. Doctor hardly checked me at all physically, read me my lab which I can do by now. But it was cheaper than Sam and the facilitates are good. In/out two hours.

They have other packages and ala carte to B15000 btw

Edited by bangkokburning

I would look at Bumrungrad on Sukhumvit Soi 3. Check out the Healthy Living Club, it is ment for Ex-pats living in Country and Thai Citizens but all they ask for on the sign up form is an address and phone number and a copy of your passport. You do not need to show proof of residency. The Healthy Living Club cost 6,300.00 Baht to join, I believe it is good for two years. As soon as you sign up you are handed a coupon worth 6,300.00 Baht toward one of their "Health Screening Program Packages". The Packages run between 6,300.00 - 13,000.00 Baht depending on which package you get. There is more information on both the Healthy Living Club and the Health Screening Programs on their website.

As far as the tailors go, I would recomend Majestic Tailors on Sukhumvit just above Soi 4. I don't have any experience with "Rajawongse" as earlier suggested so I can not say good or bad, but I have used Majestic for years and have not once been disappointed. I have had both suits and shirts made there and they have always been a wonderful fit and great quality.

Just remember that in the end - the BASIC check up is pretty standard. A qualified Doctor looks at you physically and the lab work. This is all pretty much the same although obviously Bumrungrad willhave some of the best and Drs in Nakon Nowhere the worst. Good equipment is a deciding factor (ie the EKG machine, et..).

But lab work is lab work