Uk Settlement Visa - Appointment At Regents House

Hi,

Well it's nearly time for my wife to go to Regents House for her appointment. She's going to BKK tomorrow and will get the TB certificate and then go to Regent's House.

I did have one question regarding the appointment. What do they actually do during the appointment. Is it just to check who the applicant says they are and check the relevant documents are there, i.e. application form, TB certificate, biometrics, passport and associated papers? Or do they actually ask questions? I'm assuming it's just the former.

Stament actually asked

What do they actually do during the appointment. Is it just to check who the applicant says they are and check the relevant documents are there, i.e. application form, TB certificate, biometrics, passport and associated papers? Or do they actually ask questions? I'm assuming it's just the former.

It is the former. They check the documents, take the fee, take biometrics and forward everything to the embassy.

• Like 1

Stament actually asked

What do they actually do during the appointment. Is it just to check who the applicant says they are and check the relevant documents are there, i.e. application form, TB certificate, biometrics, passport and associated papers? Or do they actually ask questions? I'm assuming it's just the former.

It is the former. They check the documents, take the fee, take biometrics and forward everything to the embassy.

Thanks for that, that's good news. And just to confirm yes Mercury you are correct she does have an appointment via the online appointment system. Whether it's correct is a different matter altogether based on mine and others epxerience of their IT systems! ;-)

• Like 1

Stament actually asked

Thanks for that, that's good news. And just to confirm yes Mercury you are correct she does have an appointment via the online appointment system. Whether it's correct is a different matter altogether based on mine and others epxerience of their IT systems! ;-)

Let's hope everything goes smoothly for her with the TB check. Personally, I'd have left the appointment at Regents House until the day after the TB check as she may not get her certificate in time. They tend to do the registration in the morning and then hand out the certificates later in the afternoon at the IOM. Make sure she gets there asap after her hospital appointment as she will have to take a number and wait to get the x-ray checked by the doctor.

Edited by CharlieB

Stament actually asked

Let's hope everything goes smoothly for her with the TB check. Personally, I'd have left the appointment at Regents House until the day after the TB check as she may not get her certificate in time. They tend to do the registration in the morning and then hand out the certificates later in the afternoon at the IOM. Make sure she gets there asap after her hospital appointment as she will have to take a number and wait to get the x-ray checked by the doctor.

Thanks for the advice Charlie but we should be ok. She is going to IOM Weds am and her appointment at Regents House isn't until Friday afternoon. The TB check should be a formality as she got it done in Chiang Mai last week, so another test should reveal the all clear unless she's really unlucky and caught TB in a week. Thought it better to know in advance if she's "clean" in order to arrange hotels, etc.

I'll be sure to report back.

Thanks for the advice Charlie but we should be ok. She is going to IOM Weds am and her appointment at Regents House isn't until Friday afternoon. The TB check should be a formality as she got it done in Chiang Mai last week, so another test should reveal the all clear unless she's really unlucky and caught TB in a week. Thought it better to know in advance if she's "clean" in order to arrange hotels, etc.

I'll be sure to report back.

You should be fine then. By your first post I thought you were doing the TB and Regents House on the same day. Good luck with the visa.