Nsr 150 Sp

sapi

Headache headache, and it's still early morning,

The story is like this,

I woke up this morning with still a sleepy eyes. i walked to my apartment parking lot and hop on to my motorbike.

to my astonishment, the ignition key hole is badly damage but still in lock position, the housing is crack all over the place, obviously someone try to steal my bike but fortunate for me, unsuccessfull.

I still waiting for my apartment manager in charge and take a look at the CCTV camera.

My questions are

1. Any body know how to start a bike without a key?? should i take out the ignition key set on the bike and combine the cable?? idea pls.....

2. What is my right in this case?? this one happened in my apartment parking lot. who is going to pay for this?? (i'm not saying i would force them to pay, but it's good to know my right)

Please noted that this thing happen in the parking lot with 2 security guards near (i dont know if they were there when this happen, better check the CCTV).

thank you in advance for all the advice,

Sapi.

It's amazing that somebody tried to pick the lock like that, it doesn't work and takes a lot of time. The best way is to use a screw with a hook (one of the bigger models you find at HomePro) on it (something used to hand the laundry lines), a meter or meter and a halve cable which is flexible but not stretch under stress. On the other side of the cable you attach a large hammer (something they use in demolition work). Screw the screw with hook into the lock as deep as it possibly go's attach the cable and swing the large hammer up as fast as possible. The lock will “pop” out of the enclosure and now you can use a mid-sized screw driver to turn the ignition.

Edited by Richard-BKK

thank you for your reply, i had a discussion with some people in my apartment, the manager, and the security.

The CCTV didnt show any strange movement near the bike, mostly because the CCTV is motion activated (all of us joked perhaps a ghost want to steal the bike).

Anyhow, i managed to open the lock and bring it to honda service near my place. They are amazed how good that lock, it seems that the lock pin/body/rod is broken in the middle because of force entry (that is the reason the thief not able to steal it).

Got a quote from honda for the same identical key/lock type 2000 baht.

any body have suggestion on how to secure your bike?? Some of the people i talked too suggesting using both front and rear wheel lock.

cheers,

Erik.

Erik,

It there a security guard on duty at night?

I had a cheap alarm/immobilizer on my 150R in Indo. Fits under the cowling behind the seat.

Even if they broke the lock they couldn't start it and even before that it would have started to make a noise. Not sure exactly where you get one here. Maybe around Saphan Kwai BTS. Immobilizer will use battery so if you don't use it everyday eventually it will drain the battery.

I also had double disc locks or you can simply use two padlocks on the discs. Nothing is fool proof but even two padlocks around the discs makes stealing it more difficult.

Edited by VocalNeal

Erik,

It there a security guard on duty at night?

I had a cheap alarm/immobilizer on my 150R in Indo. Fits under the cowling behind the seat.

Even if they broke the lock they couldn't start it and even before that it would have started to make a noise. Not sure exactly where you get one here. Maybe around Saphan Kwai BTS. Immobilizer will use battery so if you don't use it everyday eventually it will drain the battery.

I also had double disc locks or you can simply use two padlocks on the discs. Nothing is fool proof but even two padlocks around the discs makes stealing it more difficult.

security guards are usually in on it. Friends phantom was stolen 3 years ago right under the security guards nose.

Yup, there were 2 security guards around the clock, but i cant blame them as most likely it was happen early morning.

And i just found out that my dog died this morning from unknown reason. I was so fed-up with this matter i didnt realized that my dog is gone and i found him died near where i park my bike.

Currently i put the bike in the Honda garage, as it dont have any lock/key. i feel safe there as i know the people.

I am browsing in ebay for motorcycle alarm and perhaps double disc lock........

It's amazing that somebody tried to pick the lock like that, it doesn't work and takes a lot of time. The best way is to use a screw with a hook (one of the bigger models you find at HomePro) on it (something used to hand the laundry lines), a meter or meter and a halve cable which is flexible but not stretch under stress. On the other side of the cable you attach a large hammer (something they use in demolition work). Screw the screw with hook into the lock as deep as it possibly go's attach the cable and swing the large hammer up as fast as possible. The lock will “pop” out of the enclosure and now you can use a mid-sized screw driver to turn the ignition.

<deleted>?! Lovely of you to provide detailed instructions on how to steal a motorcycle. :bah:

<deleted>?! Lovely of you to provide detailed instructions on how to steal a motorcycle. :bah:

Don't worry, nobody will try to steal a Kawasaki this way...

I not see any harm in telling everybody how easy it is to loose your bike. People who steal bikes are not impressed by my method, they surely have better ways to do it. According to a Thakam Police officer it takes less than 3 minutes to steal a motorcycle.

I have the idea that by telling people how easy it is to get a motorcycle stolen - if somebody only locks it with the ignition key – people will make sure that they will secure their motorcycle more safely. With chains, disc-locks...etc... etc.. (probably a good idea for a new discussion)

I not see any harm in telling everybody how easy it is to loose your bike. People who steal bikes are not impressed by my method, they surely have better ways to do it. According to a Thakam Police officer it takes less than 3 minutes to steal a motorcycle.

Everyone knows that bikes are easily stolen, but no need to tell would be thieves HOW to actually do it! Duh!

The muppets who tried to steal the OP's bike were obviously clueless, but thanks to people like you they'll know better next time.

Anyway- the preferred way to steal a bike is to just pick it up and throw it in the back of a van or pick-up. There's no such thing as an unbreakable lock. If a professional thief wants your vehicle he'll have it. If you value your bike you'll insure it.

Ride On!

......people will make sure that they will secure their motorcycle more safely. With chains, disc-locks...etc... etc.. (probably a good idea for a new discussion)

security_1.jpg

You'll need permission to bolt it to the floor.ohmy.gif

• 3 weeks later...