Mba - Colleges Of Higher Learning - Bangkok

Hi Folks,

I am representing a few universities from the US and Europe, specializing in the delivery of MBA / DBA courses. We would like to tie up with some enthusiastic local colleges of higher learning to establish the running of MBA / DBA programmes in Thailand in general and in Bangkok in particular. Lessons to be taught in English.

Do you have any contacts? Please e-mail me at [email protected]

Or just post them in this thread. I will just pick up from there onwards. Appreciate your assistance. Cheers :o

There's quite a lot of 'international' (ie: English-language) MBA courses being offered at universities/colleges in the Bangkok area already, I'm afraid, Chopthai!!! Even out-of-Bangkok universities like Webster (main campus in Hua Hin) and Naresuan (main campus in Phitsanulok) now have small campuses in BKK offering evening/weekend MBA classes to tap into the large Bangkok workers' market. Quite a few have got there already before you!

You might try places such as: Srinakarinwirot University [try swu.ac.th], University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce [try utcc.ac.th] and Dhurakijipundit University [try dpu.ac.th] as I don't think they currently offer international MBA programmes - but I'm not 100% sure. I don't have contact details of people there, I'm afraid. You could also try a few former Rajabhats which have recently been granted university status, such as Suan Dusit and Phranakorn.

Edited by paully

There's quite a lot of 'international' (ie: English-language) MBA courses being offered at universities/colleges in the Bangkok area already, I'm afraid, Chopthai!!!  Even out-of-Bangkok universities like Webster (main campus in Hua Hin) and Naresuan (main campus in Phitsanulok) now have small campuses in BKK offering evening/weekend MBA classes to tap into the large Bangkok workers' market.  Quite a few have got there already before you!

You might try places such as: Srinakarinwirot University [try swu.ac.th], University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce [try utcc.ac.th] and Dhurakijipundit University [try dpu.ac.th] as I don't think they currently offer international MBA programmes - but I'm not 100% sure.  I don't have contact details of people there, I'm afraid.  You could also try a few former Rajabhats which have recently been granted university status, such as Suan Dusit and Phranakorn.

Thanks Paully,

Appreciate all those inputs. I will take note of them and include them in my planning.

BTW Are you an educationist residing in Bangkok?

Cheers :o

Yes, I'm a teacher, if that's what you mean :-)  I sometimes teach business law here as well as the basic mainstay, English, not often enough unfortunately.

Hi Paully,

Thanks for the response. Well, the profession of an educationalist covers a wide spectrum of duties and responsibilities pertaining to education, therein the teaching profession is a sub-set that takes care of delivery and may cross over to course development. The term is widely used in Malaysia to refer all those that are involved in education, as "educationalist" [nuance may defer semantically and regionally]

I am pursuing my doctorate and hoping to be a full fledged educationalist one day, in all aspects.

My dean is leading a team to Bangkok with an intention to make inroads into Thailand's higher education market, thus I need recommendations from those who are familiar with Thailand's market infra-structure.

Would you like to consider doing some selling of the MBA /DBA/ PHD programmes in Thailand? If yes, appreciate that you could just drop me an e-mail to [email protected] and I will follow up from there.

Cheers, Chaiyo :o

It's a very kind offer, although I'm not much of a salesman, I'm afraid.

One thing you may want to think about in terms of marketing is that I've noticed that where I do occasional teaching there are quite a number of Chinese students (from China, that is, not Chinese-Thai) on the BBA and also MBA international courses, around 10 or 15% of the students. The better ones at English, they vary a lot in ability, tell me that there aren't many of these types of programmes being offered in China and that Thailand is a relatively cheap option. Naturally, one also suspects that the course entry requirements are rather less onerous in Thailand than in certain other countries and this may help. However, that might be one source of students you could possibly tap into.

Yes, I'm a teacher, if that's what you mean :-)  I sometimes teach business law here as well as the basic mainstay, English, not often enough unfortunately.

Hi Paully, what opportunities are available in Thailand for one to teach Business Law?

There are some 'international' BBA and MBA courses at unis here which offer Business Law as an option or a core module (3 credits a pop), but not all of them. If you can squeeze yourself into a slot at one of these, then it's basically yours. The modules are intended to be taught by visiting overseas ajarns who fly in and fly out of the US, etc and most still do, although there are are a few full-timers living here who can pick them up too.

Edited by paully