Cost To Build Internal Walls In Shophouse

simon43

Anyone help?

I'm costing out a project to add some internal walls in a shophouse building. Need to build using 4 inch 'itbok', then skim and paint. Single thickness wall.

Thanks

Simon

I can't imagine a quote for linear meter - maybe square meter. In any case, there must be 100's of folks that do that - just ask a few how much for the project. And I wouldn't paint until a month after the plaster.

Actually, thinking about this a bit more, I do not need to use itbok. Do they build 'stud walls' in Thailand, constructed with wooden battens to support plasterboard, and with sound-proofing material inside? That's how internal walls are constructed in houses in the UK. Probably work out much cheaper.

Simon

I would like to know about that too. I have a project needing wood and all I can get is that "it's too expensive" and "don't know where to find". On the other hand, if you just need studs, I have seen those but finding any that are staight might be a problem. If you don't have a large project, consider the "red brick" (maybe double). My guess is that a wall 10x2.5 meter shouldn't be more than a few thousand baht.

I've got a nice new shophouse (3 floors, 5m wide x 12 m depth), and I need to create 3 rooms per floor, including bathrooms. It works out at about 80 meters length of internal wall, 2.5 meters high. So I'm trying to figure out the cheapest way to construct these walls, so that they are sturdy enough, have reasonable sound insulation properties, and have an acceptable finish on both sides.

Simon

Using unit rates from a new building project will not be useful. Nor does the cost pertain just to the wall. For small jobs, the contractor have to add in proportionately high overheads, and then place a profit margin on total cost.

There really is no reason to use wood studs when steel one are available.

I think here cement plaster on concrete block with paint would best for sound and cost.

It would be easy to get quotes for this type of work.

Block would be more durable than plasterboard. Guests may not look after the room like you would.

Good point Harry.

I'll see if I can get a few quotes on this one - thanks

Simon

I've got a nice new shophouse (3 floors, 5m wide x 12 m depth), and I need to create 3 rooms per floor, including bathrooms. It works out at about 80 meters length of internal wall, 2.5 meters high. So I'm trying to figure out the cheapest way to construct these walls, so that they are sturdy enough, have reasonable sound insulation properties, and have an acceptable finish on both sides.

Simon

approx 400-600 baht/sqm, ad for doors/windows/electric and for fitting under existing ceiling. should be supported by beams. should not be build on existing tiles

If not supported by beams or build on tiles or under existing ceiling I would consider gypsum boards on 2-3"steel frames at cc 0,3m. usually 12mm gypsym works fine on cc 0,6m, but due to LOS humidity i would choose less distance. Cheaper than brickwall, great finish, but less soundinsulating and easily damaged

Most importantly for sound is installation of electric. Sometimes you can see through to the other room when taking the cover off plugs and switches.