Grab A Granny

twofortheroad

I hear that Guitarman has a Ladies Night every Thursday. I haven't made it there yet, because I'm not quite sure what to expect. It did set me thinking though. A firm favourite for a quiet mid-week day in large night-clubs in the North of England was a Grab-A-Granny night, in which mature ladies went out in search of young lads.

Does any such event happen in Chiang Mai? If not, there is a good little niche market for someone. Worth thinking about for the slow season  in some of Chiang Mai's quieter pubs/clubs. What do you reckon?

I like the title and the idea. Funny thing,... I was at this hi-so event last weekend, and I've hit a few others recently, and they're all chock-full of Grannies and gay men. I think ti's the thrill of dressing up and going out or something. Alot of divorcees too. Many of them def on the prowl They'd be horrified to know I called 'em Grannies(!)but alot are older. If cougar chasing is what you fancy, you ought to try attending any one of these cultural events that always pops up at the Dara Devi or ShangriLa or charity dinners etc.

I have been asking friends all around town about this. Awesome post Twofor.

I will def check those venues real-tha-ideal suggested. Thanks.

I'll have to take a leaf out of Uptheos' post, in the Best Meal Deal topic, by saying 'I'm not saying it's for me, but I appreciate your response'. :whistling:

On a side issue, I'm not sure what you mean by 'I will def check those venues', I can only assume that you mean 'I will deffo check those venues'. It doesn't take much more effort to use the Queens English and spell it right , does it?

By the way, I expect a full report on your Granny quest.

This topic reminds me of the story that made the tabloid press concerning a young Wayne Rooney. Apparently he fancied some late-night entertainment down in the seedier parts of Liverpool and ended up with what they call 'an old slapper' in those parts. Rooney wasn't quite as famous then, and had what can only best be described as 'a face that only a mother could love'. Still does, hence his nick-name 'Shrek'.

Somehow, The Sun newspaper got hold of this story, traced the mature lady concerned and managed to get a World Exclusive interview. They asked her about the young England star's performance and what she was thinking about during the proceedings. Her reply was 'Pot Noodles'. She explained that she was considering what she would have for lunch, when the young lad had finished. Sadly, this is a true story . For the doubters, I can only say it must be true, it was in The Sun.

Edited by twofortheroad

I have been asking friends all around town about this. Awesome post Twofor.

I will def check those venues real-tha-ideal suggested. Thanks.

I'll have to take a leaf out of Uptheos' post, in the Best Meal Deal topic, by saying 'I'm not saying it's for me, but I appreciate your response'. :whistling:

On a side issue, I'm not sure what you mean by 'I will def check those venues', I can only assume that you mean 'I will deffo check those venues'. It doesn't take much more effort to use the Queens English and spell it right , does it?

By the way, I expect a full report on your Granny quest.

This topic reminds me of the story that made the tabloid press concerning a young Wayne Rooney. Apparently he fancied some late-night entertainment down in the seedier parts of Liverpool and ended up with what they call 'an old slapper' in those parts. Rooney wasn't quite as famous then, and had what can only best be described as 'a face that only a mother could love'. Still does, hence his nick-name 'Shrek'.

Somehow, The Sun newspaper got hold of this story, traced the mature lady concerned and managed to get a World Exclusive interview. They asked her about the young England star's performance and what she was thinking about during the proceedings. Her reply was 'Pot Noodles'. She explained that she was considering what she would have for lunch, when the young lad had finished. Sadly, this is a true story . For the doubters, I can only say it must be true, it was in The Sun.

;)

you remember what it means to "assume"

(Wikipedia versus Urban Dictionary)

I'll include "family friendly" pictures with the report

Edited by ChiangMaiIB

Mature Thai women are so lovely. At the age of 24 I dated the mother of a Thai girl I had initially desired but she turned out to prefer girls.

And they can be dowright ugly as well.

One Songkran I was visiting a temple outside of town. It was about 06.30 and there were a bunch of females all lined up.

I thought I was in Ulaanbaatar.

And this was where they claim the most beautiful women in Thailand come from. :bah:

Edited by krakatoa

great idea 'twofortheroad'.wondered if you got your inspiration from britains fave 'grabba' venue 'the grafton'....."deffo la' !

I certainly remember hearing references to a 'Grab a granny at The Grafton" night, but being the young handsome charmer that I was, I never had a need to investigate further.

These days, I'm more interested in finding places where young ladies might be charmed by mature gentlemen.

Can we expect to see a 'Grab a Granny at Guitarman' night in the near future? There's a good ring to that title, too.

Edited by twofortheroad

Bubble was good.

Hotshots is still good I've heard.

Both full of bored mia nois, mia farangs and mia chaos looking for fun with guys in their 20s and 30s. Be careful though as Thai boyfriends and husbands tend to be very jealous and may just shoot you if they find out. Farang husbands never find out so they're not a worry.

Edited by Loaded

great idea 'twofortheroad'.wondered if you got your inspiration from britains fave 'grabba' venue 'the grafton'....."deffo la' !

I certainly remember hearing references to a 'Grab a granny at The Grafton" night, but being the young handsome charmer that I was, I never had a need to investigate further.

These days, I'm more interested in finding places where young ladies might be charmed by mature gentlemen.

Can we expect to see a 'Grab a Granny at Guitarman' night in the near future? There's a good ring to that title, too.

'deffo' 'Grab a Granny @ Guitarman' and the night after 'Grab a Tranny'

..... of course all the young , nubile, college girls coming in here keep asking about meeting old falang men.....

they seem all to sing the chorus......

Grabbin a grouch is not so funny

as long as he has got some money

and once I have my hands on it

he can go take flyin %&%t

shakespeare and lady caacaa

Edited by ThePunPun

'deffo'   'Grab a Granny @ Guitarman'   and the night after 'Grab a Tranny'

Grab a Tranny? Who needs a Transistor radio these days? :rolleyes:

Should not be called Granny nights- the older ladies would hate that... Thus the phrase Cougar. Catch a Cougar nights would be more respectful... Yet I have never planned to date anyone a older than myself.

It sort of goes against the usual grain of what goes on in Thailand.

But if you into that for whatever reason (I cannot think of any reason to pass up a firm body and young face over the opposite), except for those supposedly chasing money.

In Aussie their are many middle aged women in the clubs these days. Many approx. 50+ yo, yet had a lot of work done. If it makes them feel good there is always a younger guy willing. It simply not for me- yet some say it good as they get free rent as they own their house, etc.

Not sure if the mature women in CMai will have the same sort of wealth---each to their own. No judgment from me, girls been doing it since the dawn of time.

Should not be called Granny nights- the older ladies would hate that... Thus the phrase Cougar. Catch a Cougar nights would be more respectful... Yet I have never planned to date anyone a older than myself.

It sort of goes against the usual grain of what goes on in Thailand.

But if you into that for whatever reason (I cannot think of any reason to pass up a firm body and young face over the opposite), except for those supposedly chasing money.

In Aussie their are many middle aged women in the clubs these days. Many approx. 50+ yo, yet had a lot of work done. If it makes them feel good there is always a younger guy willing. It simply not for me- yet some say it good as they get free rent as they own their house, etc.

Not sure if the mature women in CMai will have the same sort of wealth---each to their own. No judgment from me, girls been doing it since the dawn of time.  

I've never heard of the term  'Catch a Cougar', so I'm not sure if it's any more respectful than Grab a Granny? However, what's so disrespectful about being called a Granny. Lovely people, Grannies, and they should always be highly respected (except Gran, on my Mum's side - she was a miserable old bag).

Just out of curiosity, how long do Aussies live? I f you consider 50+ to be middle-aged, then that implies 100+ is normal!!

It's been my experience over many years of practise that once you take a woman to bed they feel like they have some hold over you, and will start to try manipulating you. I value my freedom too much to ever let that happen again. Of course, you can always act like a real jerk and then they will dump you... but that's just not my style. When I have a choice between a young hard body and someone well past their due date I choose the former. You are going to pay one way or another so I'd rather it was just a business arrangement where both parties are happy with the deal... no questions asked.

And speaking of cougars... Where I live we get those in our back yard..

Cougar_4.sized.jpg

Cougar_5.sized.jpg

Edited by IanForbes