Iphone 4

nashslash

Being a bit of a gadget / techo freak / nerd .. I'm interested in getting one of the new iPhones ... I have a iPhone 3GS but bought that with me from the UK. Has anyone seen or know where i could buy one from in Phuket . I have heard there a little hard to come by just yet.

Also would there be any problems using it on iTunes if it was a one off purchase without a plan.

well yeah.. but he said 4g.. the new iphone is 4.0 ... easy to get confused

Most of the good features on the new phone need really good 3g and someone else with the same phone.. that wont happen in thailand

Someone once told me that if you advertise something as new, shiny, trendy and the latest must have item that the Asians will buy it. I just don't understand this mobile phone fixation, I actually think that they are a nuisance to be honest.

• Like 1

Someone once told me that if you advertise something as new, shiny, trendy and the latest must have item that the Asians will buy it. I just don't understand this mobile phone fixation, I actually think that they are a nuisance to be honest.

do you really think that it is only asians that want the new,shiny,trendy and latest must have item ?

that is so wrong mate, every country in the so called civilised world has the same desires.

used to be called 'keeping up with the joneses''.......who ever they were! ..lol

Most of the good features on the new phone need really good 3g and someone else with the same phone.. that wont happen in thailand

While everyone keeps repeating that.. The fact is true 3G is on large parts of the island.. Licensed or not.

yes but ho w many others have a real iphone? most thais/expats have the fake ones..

gonna be hard to use the chat+gps+video with someone using a 6000baht phone

Hi

Why do you say they have fake???? none of the Expat/Thais i know with iphone have a fake one

i dont know anyone with an iphone but when i see bald men strolling around they always carry those fake iphones or their beautiful laos iphone that looks like an atari console software wise

i figured they are the average and the very few people not living on 15 000baht are the rarity, is that wrong?

anyways, ill buy an iphone 4.0 next month and see how it works when im back in phuket

Edited by ilyelol

i dont know anyone with an iphone but when i see bald men strolling around they always carry those fake iphones or their beautiful laos iphone that looks like an atari console software wise

i figured they are the average and the very few people not living on 15 000baht are the rarity, is that wrong?

anyways, ill buy an iphone 4.0 next month and see how it works when im back in phuket

Ahhh thats why, i dont know any bald men with iphone, now i know its the bald men there have the fake iphone, oohh i know 1 bald guy and he say he cant do anything about getting bald (he use Nokia poor guy)

well yeah.. but he said 4g.. the new iphone is 4.0 ... easy to get confused

The new iphone is called 4g (4th generation) iSO is 4.0 (the operating system) don't get confused blink.gif

go android

thats dumb when you can put an android mod on your iphone...

and the only advantage of android was that you could run skype.. well now there a bunch of iphone mods that fake block 3g and make your phone think you're using wifi(while using 3g) which allow you to run 100% of your call through skype

Edited by ilyelol

While everyone keeps repeating that.. The fact is true 3G is on large parts of the island.. Licensed or not.

Yeh, tons of 3G all over Bangkok. I had a 3G data call via skype in my car, all the way from Future park Ranggsit to Bangna, did not drop once......................

Donwload AZENQOS 3G on your iphone - through put is about 1MBs. (best 1.5, worst about 500k)

go android

thats dumb when you can put an android mod on your iphone...

and the only advantage of android was that you could run skype..

Erm.. Mobile wifi hotpots.. open architecture.. etc etc etc..

you can run android on an iphone if you cant find an APP that does the same thing

you can run android on an iphone if you cant find an APP that does the same thing

You can make android run.. It just doesnt actually work..

Yes they have a barely functioning port loading on a jailbroken iPhone, but as a working phone.. No where near.. Dont take every youtube you see as gospel, the facts and details of that hack are a bit different.

Plus it doesnt work on the 3GS or the 4 currently.. Only the old ones with certain basebands.

Hi

No not yet, will take a few months before you can get iphone from Apple shop here, first will be True i think, all other iphone for sale is from overseas. In another tread they talk about 60.000 for iphone 4 right now, dont buy one from US get one from Europe unlocked

Hi,

Can you confirm that no HTC or Android phone is as good as the iPhone 3 or iphone 4 ?

I'm not interested in anything with a phone except having the biggest screen for internet and the fastest phone to write messages and browse the phone menu, and it seems that Android is not as fast as iPhone, so iPhone 3 or iPhone 4 are the only options ?

Thanks for help.

Thanks for the tips regarding where to get an iphone 4… I went to the apple store in Central and checked on the apple website.. Currently, the iphone 4 is not available either through the apple website or the apple tore in Thailand, and won’t be available until around October through apple outlets. I have checked back home and it is available via the apple website in the UK but shipping is about 3 weeks and they won’t ship to Thailand. So you’d have to get it delivered to an address back in the UK then shipped over here. I’ve spoken to a friend back in the UK who has got one via Vodafone. And he said apart from the camera in the front of the phone and better photo and video quality it’s practically the same as any of the 3GS versiona available if you’ve updated the software on your iphone to version OS 4. Then he said that its definitely not worth paying the money for a new one..

I understand that parts of the island have 3G over Patong and near the airport. But where I live in Phuket town there isn’t 3G or at least I can’t get it if there is? The 16 gig iphone 4 version cost £499 including delivery via the apple store in the UK. Making that cost around 24.552.00 ish Bath. So I won’t bother getting one right now as the only improved feature is being able to make video calls requires 3G and someone else using the iphone 4 or equivalent phone to make a video call with…