Best Food To Eat In Thailand

westybrook

Has anyone had this problem, you stay in LOS for x amount of time and lose loads of weight? Ok it could be that you lose the weight due to an unusual amount of exercice you wouldnt normally get in your home country (Im sure you know what I'm talking about)

But due to the heat, and I can't seem to eat a lot of Thai food, I seem to get smaller out there. I wouldnt mind if I was fat but Im not, iv always been slim and don't have a problem with my weight. But I do seem to lose more than I want.

What things do you eat, drink to keep the weight on, or put on?

Have a similar weight loss situation,except once back in UK I soon get overweight again so look forward to the day I can stay in Thailand semi permanently and eat more or less what I like.Sometimes when I feel I'm loosing weight too quickly I visit Swensons several times a week just to slow up the weight loss absolutely great!I usually eat 80% thai food,just two meals a day plus any amount of fruit.

I have this also sometimes on holiday, due to a lot of alc, causing me the next day to hang and than I drank on the evening again.

But since I am a bit older I don't have this habit anymore.

Normaly your body should adjust, and than be steady on a different weight. You can visit McDonalds sometimes. 2-3 burger, some coke and french fries should be enough calorie for 1 day.....

Has anyone had this problem, you stay in LOS for x amount of time and lose loads of weight?  Ok it could be that you lose the weight due to an unusual amount of exercice you wouldnt normally get in your home country (Im sure you know what I'm talking about)

But due to the heat, and I can't seem to eat a lot of Thai food, I seem to get smaller out there.  I wouldnt mind if I was fat but Im not, iv always been slim and don't have a problem with my weight.  But I do seem to lose more than I want.

kha_moo.jpg

try "Khao Kha Moo" rice topping with pork knuckle stew

Bambi :o

ps..and try some curry with coconut milk, as

"Tom Kha Gai"= Herbed Chicken Soup in Coconut Milk

"Kang Kheaw Wan Gai" =Green Curry with chicken

Edited by BambinA

Has anyone had this problem, you stay in LOS for x amount of time and lose loads of weight?  Ok it could be that you lose the weight due to an unusual amount of exercice you wouldnt normally get in your home country (Im sure you know what I'm talking about)

But due to the heat, and I can't seem to eat a lot of Thai food, I seem to get smaller out there.  I wouldnt mind if I was fat but Im not, iv always been slim and don't have a problem with my weight.  But I do seem to lose more than I want.

My friend, let me know when you find out. :o

Try dining at places or hotels that offer a smorgasboard set up. I know thats what i do and get my daily calories that way, they can be fairly cheap as well and generally offer a greater variety of food, being thai and western.......

I find it amazing that somebody is actualy loosing weight out here, Everyone that I know including myself have become massive ! I don't know what it is, I don't even drink beer or any alcohol !

me plus 4 kg

My father when he visited me, he told several times that it is not possible to get fat from Thai food. He ate all the time and drank a lot of beer.

And he had +4 kg in 2 weeks!!!

I did not know that +2kg per week is possible, I thought only pigs can do that :o:D:D

I find it amazing that somebody is actualy loosing weight out here,  Everyone that I know including myself have become massive !  I don't know what it is,  I don't even drink beer or any alcohol !

Practically starve yourself during the day then go out and drink 10-15 beers. You will be so hungry that you will not be able to stop eating. Go to a curry house, order lots of poppodoms, a couple of starters, a couple of curries, rice and a nan bread. Do that everyday and within a month you will be putting on the weight like there's no tomorrow. Should you wish to further this English tradition, you could always urinate on someone's front door afterwards and punch a policeman on your way home. :o

• 2 weeks later...

Well, how about going for frequent eating binges at the many Thai buffets in open air restaurants and hotels? Weight loss occurs when calories intake is less than calories expended... Load up the calories!

Cheers!

:o

Eat lots of Sticky Rice with coconut milk and the many other coconut milk concoctions the Thais serve as dessert. This stuff is very fattening. Make frequent visits to the fast food places such as McDonalds, Burger King, and Pizza Hut. This will certainly start you on the way to weight-gain. Remember, for breakfast dont eat any eggs, sausage, bacon and all that other regular breakfast stuff. Go to Dunkin Donuts, Mister Donut or even 7-Eleven and pick up half a dozen with a large cup of joe and have that for breakfast.

Stick to this and you should be gaining weight in no time. :o