Whats Thai Airways Like To Travel With Nowadays

combovan

me and the good lady are heading LOS on tuesday with Thai airways and im wondering what they are like to travel with. i have flew before with Etihad which i really liked but this year they were priced out of it. i booked in Jan for £648 each and thats from Belfast to Heathrow and then connecting to BKK. before i went from Dublin to Abu Dhabi then BKK but this year it was over £900 each. i know we have no AVOD with Thai but what are they really like to fly with?

Long haul is ok, same as the rest really, DO NOT use them short haul within Asia - absolute sh1t and roughly double the price of better airlines.

As far as concern to the Hong Kong to Thailand ( BKK or HKT ) route is concern, Thai airways prices and service are pretty competitive and in some cases even lower than Air Asia.

Cheers.

thai airways have good service on there long hauls to london but take something to read ipod etc.the inflight entertainment is rubbish on the 747 one big screen and some portable tvs.why they dont have personal tvs on all of there fleet i will never know i was lucky to fly on a A340-600 going out.

cheers

Avoid Thai air if you can fly Singapore, Air asia, Emirates, Cathy Pacific instead

Im a Gold member frequent flyer on Thai and i have to say the planes are terrible- most are old - very narrow seats, no in flight entertainment. plus you almost always have to take a bus from the plane to the terminal and vice versa which is unbelievable considering that Bangkok is Thai airways' home airport and the airport itself is new (Im guessing Thai air have sold their prime landing and boarding spots to other airlines to save money). Plus the air hostesses are much older than the other regional airlines so you don't even get good eye candy to look at during the flight!

I only fly them because its company policy.

I always fly them LHR-BKK-SYD and find them ok. I go business where possible, but economy is ok if you take your own entertainment. I've never had to take the bus to the terminal.

They're in the process of updating their fleet including retrofitting their cabins so will be a better airline in the future.

Ive stopped flying with them. Very old plane's, seat's, entertainment, average food, there staff think there Buddha's gift to the trolly dolly brigade, In a word CRAP.

Funny. I flew Thai biz class LHR-BKK last week. Yeah the planes are old and dated......the seats OK circa 1995.....food was 'authentic' 20 Baht chichen over rice style.....best part was the attentive and simply excellent cabin crew.....and for once I'm not joking......well done to the staff for rescuing what could have been a hellish flight......more vino sir?.......:rolleyes:

Ive stopped flying with them. Very old plane's, seat's, entertainment, average food, there staff think there Buddha's gift to the trolly dolly brigade, In a word CRAP.

Funny. I flew Thai biz class LHR-BKK last week. Yeah the planes are old and dated......the seats OK circa 1995.....food was 'authentic' 20 Baht chichen over rice style.....best part was the attentive and simply excellent cabin crew.....and for once I'm not joking......well done to the staff for rescuing what could have been a hellish flight......more vino sir?.......:rolleyes:

Biz class and the food was crap. last time I flew with EVA Biz Champer's an excellent prawn salad followed by pepper steak rare as requested top notch and you had 20bt chicken and rice. And the staff on thai air were great NA compare them to EVA not a patch. Oh the seat's reclined into a fully laydown bed. 2010 style. I rest my case. thai air SUCK'S. And I bet you paid more than I did.

Last flew Thai BKK to LHR at the beginning of May when flights had been delayed by volcanic ash. I thought the communication about the cancelled and rearranged flights was pretty chaotic, and Thai were not willing to offer anything to stranded passengers The flight as okay but on this route Thai are still using the old 747 400s. I only flew economy but there were no seat back TVs and food was only so so. Seat pitch isn't bad and the hostesses are friendly.

I tend to agree that domestic flights are more of a problem now. I will need to take a BKK-Khon Kaen flight later this month for myself, wife and 7 year old, and it is more expensive than I can ever remember. For instance, the kid is now the same price as an adult. The discounts for the 'no change allowed' flights on the Thai website struck me as deeply underwhelming. Does anybody know of a way to get a better discount through agents?

Biz class and the food was crap. last time I flew with EVA Biz Champer's an excellent prawn salad followed by pepper steak rare as requested top notch and you had 20bt chicken and rice. And the staff on thai air were great NA compare them to EVA not a patch. Oh the seat's reclined into a fully laydown bed. 2010 style. I rest my case. thai air SUCK'S. And I bet you paid more than I did.

Had it not been for the heavy overdose of wine there might have been an air rage incident. Normally I fly with the middle eastern airlines but the prices this time were crazy at £2-3k return but Thai came in around £1.5k.........cheaper than anyone else even with a stopover.....but now I know why.....sooner the A380 is up and running the better......but its inexcusable regarding the food on Thai <deleted>.

Thai Airways is getting worse by the day. Only good thing about it is the free flow of wine! Try to use Etihad or Quatar Airways. Malaysian Airlines via KL is good too.

For domestic flights Bangkok Airways beats Thai. Within Asia, Singapore or Malaysian Airlines any time.

As to the use of buses at bangkok airport, happens all the time with the last flight of the day to Phuket. Worst experience was when boarding was delayed 1,5h due to heavy rains, as we could not have made it dry from the bus to the plane...:annoyed:

Flew back with them on Sunday and not too bad. :rolleyes:

Planes old rusty second world war transporters (prob first 747s ever built)Ents/films absolutely rubbish,food OK and they kept giving me cans of Heinekin...stop... that enought for now krup.....with a smile .

Managed to read the whole of Angels and Demons (Dan Browns)

Tic was £560..Lon-Bk-CM R/T but no miles.....so under the circs.... :P..MPR

Roll on October...... :D

Just flew Bangkok - Brisbane return on a brand new plane. Used points to upgrade to Biz. Slept nearly all the way such was the comfort of the reclining seats. Good service and Ok food. More expensive than some other carriers but it was a direct flight and most of the others had a stopover in either Singapore, Sydney etc. No complaints.

They are pretty poor and their planes need upgrading. Some business class seat STILL have 5 inch TVs in the arm ala the 80s. Saying that I am still loyal to them as their air miles system is great. This morning I got a business class return to LON for 65,000 miles!<br>

I flew back to London on Sunday in biz.. I found the food markedly worse than I remember it. There's usually something unpleasant on the tray, but this time it was pretty much all bad. Even the pad thai, of all things, was inedible.. Very disappointing. I plan flying to Sydney for xmas, so hopefully it is a temporary situation.