Dangers Of Taking Your Thai Wife / Gf To Your Country

robblok

There are many bad stories about foreign women who changed dramatically in character when brought to a western country.

They just begin to have the same aspirations as western women.

A comfortable life and kind husband then aren't enough anymore.

Happens with not only Thais, but also Russians, Brazilians, etc.

Never ever bring a woman from developing countries to live with you in a western country.

What he says

Most of us come here to avoid western women, why risk turning our new loves into what we wish most to avoid.

My wife has spent almost 6 years in the US...and traveling to around 30 other countries. Has she changed? Absolutely. She has a US passport and is MUCH more worldly. But, still retains her Thai attitudes. Respect for family, honesty, and GREAT cooking! I think once those things are ingrained in you, they last a life time...no matter where you are.

At first I was worried about taking her to the US. All the stories about how they change once they get their passport...true as mentioned above for many nationalities. Luckily, that did not happen. What did happen was kinda cool.

I live here in Thailand because I truly love the country (most of it) and the people (most of them)...and of course the weather, food, sea, etc. She had no initial interest in living here. She wanted to live in the USA. Period. Well, after 6 years, she is happy to live here. She now appreciates the things Thailand has to offer...and sees that the roads in the USA and Europe are NOT paved with gold and everybody is NOT rich and beautiful (yes, she has been to Walmart too many times!). She still loves the USA and we will probably go back and live there at some point again...but for now, really enjoys being in Thailand.

As mentioned before, it depends on the girl as to how they deal with your home country. The OP had an unfortunate experience. Many do not. There are lots of good stories...

• Like 1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suggesting that if you bring your thai wife to your home country that she may become a prostitute is ridiculous. She was ALWAYS a prostitute she just did a good job of hiding it from you or you did a bad job of figuring it out.

Exactly,.remove those rose colored glasses you fools !:D

Harsh, but so often close to reality I suspect... :huh:

It seems there are happy endings and unhappy ones, depends on individual circumstances. We all know the national circumstances- pathetic educational levels, poverty, double-digit % involvement in 'entertainment' industries, few legitimate opportunities for women, etc. The best hedge is full communication, and that means fluency- in one language or the other. Otherwise it's just an imaginary relationship, imaginary country, imaginary girl. Relationships are hard enough anyway. Good luck out there.

I'm either will be king of these forums or the most hated lol!

I'm leaning towards most hated, cause of alot of people gang up on me with there sayings and smart comments just on the strenght of one mans opinion.

ent.

I think most pitied might be a little more apt. :rolleyes:

If he ever finds a forum where he is king then the following proverb would be real appropriate "in the land of the blind one eye is king"

Be a forum King? Nope,

I don't want that title, I have better things to do but find it funny to shut down some off the things people say on these forums.

Whether I'm defending the women the men or country of Thailand I am definatly hitting a nerve with alot of you older westerners ... But with all the attention and replys / quotes I'm getting just off a few posts I should feel like something or someone is getting very bothered or angry at what I'm saying.

Is there such a thing as the Boredom nerve? if there is you've hit me for sure!

Hardie, while I would agree with you that communication is important, please do not think that because some person can exchange words with you, that they are on the same wave length as you ...some Thai people seem to speak English, but they really don't understand a goddamn thing, I mean, they really don't understand a dam_n word of what you are saying, however, they will say "yes, yes, yes" in response. Real communication rarely happens here, due to cultural differences, assumptions, and the general state where Thai people try to please you, verbally, but do whatever the hel_l they want later. If you want to test my theory, then just try to build a house with your loved-one, or try to lay some tile, it won't take much to show your GLARING differences.

Of course then there is the question, does you wife do things you do not like, or did she not understand? For some big amount of time, you will think she doesn't understand. Then gradually, you will begin to understand that she DOES understand what you want, but that she just doesn't give a fuc_k. You will start to understand that the problems in your house are not due to mis-communication, but due to different ideas.

Well, whatever, try to build a house, try to have a child, there are several situations, that will make you see how far/how differently you think. But all the time, your lady will be saying Yes, yes, yes. There is no other answer in Thailand. Good luck.

<------- THAT :jap: sa too

RJT used capitals as well.

Actually that is Font 7 in bold type to get the piont across buddy ...

:huh: My Ears Are Burning!!!!!!!!

Superstar - think you will find that "THAT" (above, YOUR post) is in capitals.

Good to see you RJT :jap: