I Will Marry Thai Woman And Move To Thailand

Actually my walmart income would work and I take a 3 month vacation. I would have to lie to the embassy's saying that I will have this job after I get the 1 year extension. Then I would have to scramble to find a job and try to make 40,000+ baht a month which is rare for farang (finally know what that word means.) But I don't want to lie so my plan is getting an education visa. I can learn thai for about 2 years until I figure out a way to make 40,000 baht a month or save 400,000 baht. I also have a plan to install alarm systems in america for 3 months and make 500,000 - 600,000 baht. My friend said he will hire me if I can't get a job in thailand....... looks like more school for me :-P in Thailand.

40,000+ baht a month which is rare for farang (finally know what that word means.)

Not a rare as you may belive, if you have a "proper" job in Thailand......Farangs in Thailand get paid THB 20,000/m upto THB 1.0 million + a month.

Actually my walmart income would work and I take a 3 month vacation. I would have to lie to the embassy's saying that I will have this job after I get the 1 year extension. Then I would have to scramble to find a job and try to make 40,000+ baht a month which is rare for farang (finally know what that word means.) But I don't want to lie so my plan is getting an education visa. I can learn thai for about 2 years until I figure out a way to make 40,000 baht a month or save 400,000 baht. I also have a plan to install alarm systems in america for 3 months and make 500,000 - 600,000 baht. My friend said he will hire me if I can't get a job in thailand....... looks like more school for me :-P in Thailand.

:lol::lol:

• 9 months later...

This dreamer is not dreaming but living his dream. I live in Thailand now and I'm married to my Thai wife. We are going to have a baby girl in August. I have lived in Thailand for 7 months now and I just recieved my 1 year non-B and work permit renewed. We are getting ready to buy a 1994 Honda Accord. It was really easy to get married. Fly to Thailand, 2 weeks later get married in Bangkok, fly to Hong Kong and get sealed in Mormon temple, get TEFL certificate, get a job, all that with 100,000 baht. :-D

I dunno if this is a "troll" or not either. :blink:

However, I'm sure we can all remember when we were; "young, dumb and full of ***" :o , errr headstrong ideas. ;)

Granted over the ensuing years, some of us have changed our views; once the realities of what life is like especially outside the confines of our home country, surrounded by people who don't or won't speak english, not knowing the native language AND when you're no longer a tourist where everything is seen thru your rose-colored glasses, but an ex-pat where sometimes in the harsh light of day, things are a little bit different. B)

Now will he be living the “dream” or a "never-ending nite-mare", :ermm: only he will find that out. .. Still I think we gotta give the O/P credit for trying. :)

Sheesh, even the Thais have that saying; ไม่ลองไม่รู้ (and for those who can't read Thai it's pronounced like this "maiF laawngM maiF ruuH"). It translates into the English idiom: "You never know what you can do till you try." :)

When ever I hear a person tell me they never failed at anything, it usually means they never tried anything all that difficult either. :unsure:

To the O/P; Good Luck! Go into it with your eyes WIDE open, and remember things ain't always what they appear to be on the surface. :P

Edited by tod-daniels

• 1 month later...

This dreamer is not dreaming but living his dream. I live in Thailand now and I'm married to my Thai wife. We are going to have a baby girl in August. I have lived in Thailand for 7 months now and I just recieved my 1 year non-B and work permit renewed. We are getting ready to buy a 1994 Honda Accord. It was really easy to get married. Fly to Thailand, 2 weeks later get married in Bangkok, fly to Hong Kong and get sealed in Mormon temple, get TEFL certificate, get a job, all that with 100,000 baht. :-D

I'm impressed. In fact, I didn't think you'd make it. Congratulations!