Cha-Am/ Hua Hin Internet Service?

thaisomchai

As a non-techie, I have been happy when my computer connects to the internet, unhappy when it doesnt or when it is very slow which it is from time to time.

It has been adequate for the past several months, though around the beginning of the year there were dreadful hangups I remember.

1. To start with: I have no clue how to know how many MB I am buying or how many MB the company is delivering.

Anyone have a simple answer?

DETAILS:

I have an internet connection provided by (billed by) a company called "Triple T Internet co. Ltd" that costs me 631 Baht per month ( 590 plus tax)

I used to have something called "MAXNET" I dont know where that went.

At the bottom of my bill is reference to "TRIPLE B" or "3bb"

2. How are these three names/products/companies different and/ or related?

3. I have a phone line to the house provided by TOT.

Cost per month is 107 baht.

Now today along comes a TOT truck and several workers stringing up new wires around the village.

One worker tells me it is for 3bb internet.

Huge confusion here right now about this with all kinds of stories floating around. Neighbors arguing with each other etc. Questions begin with who ordered this, why are they doing it, do we have any choices here and my concern . .will I now lose my house phone line which I LIKE to keep for emergencies. Other questions . .who is going to get the bill here? What is the "down time" while all these new wires get connected.

Any insight would be welcome.

How does TT&T figure into this? From the info I have provided .. does TT&T figure in at all? Do they perhaps "own" the lines already up ( and working)? Is TT&T the competition here and if I ever wanted to switch to another company will this new "wire" make that impossible?

Thanks for any suggestions here. Several Thai spouses ( different households)! have been enlisted to try to get answers and they come back more confused than ever. We get, "They put in new lines. Old lines no good. 3bb internet. TOT. We no pay . .all free. Phone line? Nobody know . .just know internet 3bb" No company reps, salesmen, no information of any kind and the poor guys carrying the ladders around and stringing the lines just dont have answers it seems.

As far as I know 3BB is the new name for TT&T Maxnet. I have it running on a TOT installed line (pay TOT a small amount each month as long as I don't use the land line for anything else), and pay TT&T 1100 baht for a good and fast connection. The 530 baht one I had before was too slow.

I pay around 1100 for an 8mb connection (although it's never really that number). Nice and fast. Haven't had any down time or problems with it.

You can check what your speed connection is by going to www.speedtest.net. If you're paying 631 baht, however, it's not a very fast one.

I pay around 1100 for an 8mb connection (although it's never really that number). Nice and fast. Haven't had any down time or problems with it.

You can check what your speed connection is by going to www.speedtest.net. If you're paying 631 baht, however, it's not a very fast one.

Thanks . .I did that and find that I am getting download: 2.47 MB ( Upload.28) Ping 78 . . . .what is "ping" anyway?

I am probably paying for 3 MB. (?)

If the 1100 baht program is actually much faster I may go with that. What MB does it deliver to you?

Last time I was in that office ( the little office just up from the Marriott near the footbridge opposite the Mkt Village mall . .right?) I remember rather shabby treatment, rude clerks, etc

Doesnt inspire me to return and discuss an upgrade with them.

Still doesnt explain the new phone line mystery . .but now I know a bit more about my connection so thanks.

Lets see what today brings.

The staff in that office are indeed a waste of time

You don't need to go in there, if you give the call center a ring on 1530 [then press 9 for english] they should be able to sort everything out for you.

Thanks Darren .. .I will keep this info . .good suggestion!

For right now we are OK with the 630 baht scheme and I am going to wait and see what happens when the dust settles with this new phone line business.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Bringing this thread back up with a few more questions.

As of two days ago, my Maxnet service has turned to shit. Constant drops, cutsout completely etc etc. Seems to vary from hour to hour.

Havent called them ( always a hassle) yet!

But anybody else having this problem? Anyone else still on the basic MAXNET / 3BB for 631 baht a month? Or am I the only one left?

My neighbor has moved over to a truemove program of some sort . . involves buying a card for a set amount, you have to buy a new card when you run out and any unused at the end of the month . .you lose. Anyone know this program and is that a correct explanation of how it works??

Thanks