Ps2 Or Xbox Prices In Thailand....?

galactico

Actually there are plenty of issues with the slim version... some software issues, some expansion issues, heat issues (can't play too long), flimsy CD mechanism, etc. About the only thing better about it is that it looks better and has an ethernet port (practically useless in Thailand). However, it's fairly hard to find the older version still being sold, and if you manage to find it, it's more expensive than the new one.

Can you guys help me on afew questions I have on game consoles?I have little knowledge since spectrum 48s!

I would like to get a console for a friends kids one 8 years and the other 15 years.

Can I bring out secondhand ps1 or ps2 from uk will they work/be compatible here?

I don't really want to buy new as I doubt it would last long anyway nothing has so far!

Can you guys help me on afew questions I have on game consoles?I have little knowledge since spectrum 48s!

I would like to get a console for a friends kids one 8 years and the other 15 years.

Can I bring out secondhand ps1 or ps2 from uk will they work/be compatible here?

I don't really want to buy new as I doubt it would last long anyway nothing has so far!

But if u do that u must get a TV from UK too or if u get a PS2 from UK in Thailand then u must pay around 2,000 baht to make it compatible with Thai TVs. :o

they are compatible with the Thai TV, but a modchip is needed....

www.psxtune.com for more infos

But if u do that u must get a TV from UK too or if u get a PS2 from UK in Thailand then u must pay around 2,000 baht to make it compatible with Thai TVs. :o

Err, the UK and Thailand both use the PAL standard. The US and Japan use NTSC. So a console from the UK will work with Thai TVs.

But if you want to play the copied games here (as legit games are uncommon), you will need to have it chipped/modded, as h90 said.

The PS2 can output a dolby digital stream, like any DVD player, through its optical port. For games, the game has to have a dolby digital sountrack to output a dolby digital signal.

If you want to get 5.1 surround sound, you have to have a receiver/home theater that can decode the dolby digital stream.

Ive had no problem with my slim PS2 (touchwood) I bought here 6mts ago chiped and i only buy copy games 70 baht a pop (good customer),BUT i was wondering to myself when i got no change out of 100baht i said to the guy ohh why expensive? he told me this game DVD 9 (the game was GT4) and boy what a difference i bought tekken 5,ace combat 5 all DVD 9 brilliant,Anybody in LOS will know what im talking about in terms of quality. Having said that the previous copys were flawless, the guy in the shop later told me it was a case of having too! we cant copy those games cheaply,

Just a thought,

Dublish.

DVD9 games must be either made in a factory or you need a good Modchip.

With a cheap modchip you can not read burned DVD9 games on the PS2.

Ive had no problem with my slim PS2  (touchwood) I bought here 6mts ago chiped and i only buy copy games 70 baht a pop (good customer),BUT i was wondering to myself when i got no change out of 100baht i said to the guy ohh why expensive? he told me this game DVD 9 (the game was GT4) and boy what a difference i bought tekken 5,ace combat 5 all DVD 9 brilliant,Anybody in LOS will know what im talking about in terms of quality. Having said that the previous copys were flawless, the guy in the shop later told me it was a case of having too! we cant copy those games cheaply,

Just a thought,

Dublish.