Buying A House In Hua Hin/Pranburi Area

hmltngls

Hi,

You can find the best and reliable constructor in Hua Hin, with more

than 17 years of experience and more than 1000 homes build in Hua Hin

area....

(web address deleted by mod. please pm for info)

Constructor is pure thai and I am ( Tero Takamaa ) his sales director

and I follow the whole project with you and I do NOT take one single dime

from you for my consulting services. All Smart House projects are aimed only to

foreigners and combounds are really nice and luxurious. I also can point you a very good lawyer, when you contact me.

Tero Takamaa

(phone number deleted by mod, please pm for info)

One Life. Live It.

Edited by hhfarang

I am currently building a villa in a small development located between Hua Hin and Pran Buri and the villa is expected to be by the end of the month or early next.

Before the construction started I had unusual high demands and expectations, which some people here in Thailand say can't be met in Thailand. However, they have been proven wrong as the house is build in an extra-ordinary high quality and I am very pleased with it. The developer has really walked the extra mile to meet my requirement.

Before buying into this developments I surveyed about 120 development and free standing houses and most of what I saw was built in poor or very poor quality. Many very expensive and "good looking" houses only shine on the surface to give an image of high quality.

If you are interested to have a look at our construction I shall be ever so pleased to show you around and share some of the information I gathered during my pre-construction survey and the the construction itself. If so, please send me a PM with your mobile number and I will give you a call. I am an engineer myself by the way.

Disclaimer. I have no personal interest in this developer's business but simply offer my knowledge and experiences to others like you because for the simple reason that I hate so see people being coned by crocked developers and builders, and there are a few around unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

I am currently building a villa in a small development located between Hua Hin and Pran Buri and the villa is expected to be by the end of the month or early next.

Before the construction started I had unusual high demands and expectations, which some people here in Thailand say can't be met in Thailand. However, they have been proven wrong as the house is build in an extra-ordinary high quality and I am very pleased with it. The developer has really walked the extra mile to meet my requirement.

Before buying into this developments I surveyed about 120 development and free standing houses and most of what I saw was built in poor or very poor quality. Many very expensive and "good looking" houses only shine on the surface to give an image of high quality.

If you are interested to have a look at our construction I shall be ever so pleased to show you around and share some of the information I gathered during my pre-construction survey and the the construction itself. If so, please send me a PM with your mobile number and I will give you a call. I am an engineer myself by the way.

Disclaimer. I have no personal interest in this developer's business but simply offer my knowledge and experiences to others like you because for the simple reason that I hate so see people being coned by crocked developers and builders, and there are a few around unfortunately.

I suggest you read the website of Andrew Drummond Thailand (google) to get a feel for what you may be up for.

Hua Hin is a lovely town, but we have problems with property developments just like anywhere.

Best of Luck

Doc50

Avoid at all costs farang property developers/agent, they are rotten to the core.

Although there are some rotten eggs out there there are also some good farang developers/builder with many years experience from their home country. To ax everyone like you are doing is not fair. However, caution should be observed and it doesn't take much leg-work to find out who the good ones are.

As for lawyers, since OP asked, I recommend the use of a reputed Thai law office from Bangkok, or even better, to use Isaan Lawyers up in Korat despite the distance. They are very good and charge reasonable prices for their services.

"I have not had great experience so far - just like many others!!!!"

Do you think it wise to commit yourself to the purchase of a house when you have limited experience. Many newcomers are tempted by cheap homes in the LOS and often regret acting on an impulse. You may be well advised to rent first and possibly make a purchase when you become more familiar with the pifalls and disappointments of home ownership here in Thailand. Things change quickly.

bit harsh Stander, surely there must be a few good ones out there.

Quite true theyre not all rubbish, I looked at these houses http://www.lifestylehomesthailand.com/ and they seemed well made but after some thought I wanted farther out of town and a different design, BUT yes there are a lot of D.Oxley types about im sure, (google the name)

<_< OK splitty

I think it's best to be harsh when this much money and your home is on the table, my dad told me the same when he had his done, avoid all farang dev's at all costs.

stander and sam,

i agree with both of you, there are many bad foreign developers in HH, but there are also many bad Thai ones.

fortuneatly,the current recession has seen many agents and developers retire to greener pastures :whistling:

there are obviously still a few around.

i believe it all boils down to who you feel most comfortable with personally, be it thai or foreign.

a home purchase is the most expensive buy for most people and should be treated so by all involved.

this includes, the buyer, builder, designer,etc.That understanding will ensure that the purchaser gets exactly what they are expecting...no surprises. :)

unfortuneately, this does not always happen in thailand, but also can be said for their home countries.

I think it's best to be harsh when this much money and your home is on the table, my dad told me the same when he had his done, avoid all farang dev's at all costs.

The building trade in ANY country is like this............ think not?? you want to see the cowboy builders in the UK in fact hey have programmes on them naming and shaming but they just close one company down and start another, its not JUST Thailand and NOT just Farang developers THAIS are as happy to rip you off as Farangs, do some homework on "who" you choose it will save you problems later. People are people everywhere.

Certainly steer clear of anywhere near Pranburi. many areas are sinking and it is currently a big problem that has been on the news almost weekly for the past few months.......Also be wary of people that say its a house in Hua Hin but is way out at Soi 156 or that area....that is almost in Pranburi...14km- Hua Hin 6km to Pranburi

Certainly steer clear of anywhere near Pranburi. many areas are sinking and it is currently a big problem that has been on the news almost weekly for the past few months.......Also be wary of people that say its a house in Hua Hin but is way out at Soi 156 or that area....that is almost in Pranburi...14km- Hua Hin 6km to Pranburi

Quite an amazing statement I must say. Pran Buri is actually quite large with many high grounds that are far from sinking. Actually, large areas of land in Pran Buri are used as pineaple plantations and pineapples cannot grow successfully in too a wet soil.

Also soi 156, and soi 158 for that matter, is still in Hua Hin but you are right about the distance to the centre of Hua Hin. To the centre of Pran Buri it is actually about 10km, all of which is an academical question if someone like that area. It takes just ten minutes by car to the clock tower.

The areas I would avoid are soi 102 and soi 112 and the likes as they were swamps before and filling them with sand doesn't make the water go away. Hence, the water table is very high, which means these areas are in high risk for flooding as well as being good breading grounds for mosquitoes.

Edited by stgrhe

Quite an amazing statement I must say. Pran Buri is actually quite large with many high grounds that are far from sinking. Actually, large areas of land in Pran Buri are used as pineaple plantations and pineapples cannot grow successfully in too a wet soil.

Also soi 156, and soi 158 for that matter, is still in Hua Hin but you are right about the distance to the centre of Hua Hin. To the centre of Pran Buri it is actually about 10km, all of which is an academical question if someone like that area. It takes just ten minutes by car to the clock tower.

The areas I would avoid are soi 102 and soi 112 and the likes as they were swamps before and filling them with sand doesn't make the water go away. Hence, the water table is very high, which means these areas are in high risk for flooding as well as being good breading grounds for mosquitoes.

The sinking isnt due to wet soil.....in fact it has just started happening this year which happens to be one of the driest years for a long time. As said it has been quite a discussion on the news the past few months, surveyors and engineers not knowing the reason. The areas affected that were on the news was near the bypass and also towards Pak Nam Pram....I wish I had a car that could get me from the Clock Tower to Soi 156 in 10 mins...it takes me that amount of time just getting through the lights and down to Takiab:lol:

• 2 months later...

Dear House seeker

We have built 13 villas in the last few years together with various subcontractors and made a wealth of experience. Before you make crucial decisions, you should look at all facts and watch out for pitfalls. We can help with our consultancy. I made some strange experiences with various lawyers, many of them seem not to be very knowledgeable. If you are interested to meet write me mail please.