How Many Foreigners Call Phuket Home?

ausinpatong

I have noticed the same thing as valantine, i have been to immigration twice in the last two months for annual extension and reentry permit.

Both times in and out in minutes

I agree, Immigration has become much more efficient. Both by the volunteers sorting out stuff before approaching the thais, and the thais. The female officer running 1st floor is running a tight service unlike ever before

Part of the efficiency has been due to the fact there is hardly anyone going there which is why 3 immigration officers were standing around with nothing to do the last time I went on a Monday morning.

I don't think looking at immigration is a good indicator. The place was packed last April.

It certainly wasn't packed in June. I went there twice, once for my 90 day and again for an extension. The Thai immigration officer was bored to death. He asked if I could speak Thai and then started joking with me. We chatted about family and then he asked if there were many farangs in Rawai. I said not very many. I asked are there many farangs here at the office? He laughed...

I don't think looking at immigration is a good indicator. The place was packed last April.

It certainly wasn't packed in June. I went there twice, once for my 90 day and again for an extension. The Thai immigration officer was bored to death. He asked if I could speak Thai and then started joking with me. We chatted about family and then he asked if there were many farangs in Rawai. I said not very many. I asked are there many farangs here at the office? He laughed...

June 8th was my last extension. More than an hour que

and i agree with KarenBravo. In high season most of those queing at Imm are here on entrystamp needing 7 more days or Touristvisa needing 30 more days.

June 8th was my last extension. More than an hour que

and i agree with KarenBravo. In high season most of those queing at Imm are here on entrystamp needing 7 more days or Touristvisa needing 30 more days.

Huh. I was there June 8th for my 90 day and it was a bit crowded, but took me about 10 minutes and they weren't taking numbers. On June 24, there were maybe 5 people in the office other than staff. No waiting, I just walked up and was seated and helped. So, I guess it not a very good indicator after all... Just depends on the day.

Huh. I was there June 8th for my 90 day and it was a bit crowded, but took me about 10 minutes and they weren't taking numbers. On June 24, there were maybe 5 people in the office other than staff. No waiting, I just walked up and was seated and helped. So, I guess it not a very good indicator after all... Just depends on the day.

90 day adress report has become very efficient as its only one officer (front far left) doing it, and doing that only.

I did my extension at second row between 1400-1520 hours, and then 2 minutes for residence certificate at the 90 day report guy.

too late to do a bike transfer same afternoon, so back to LTD next day

• 2 weeks later...

yes valentine...your right about the real population being nearer 1 million for sure

a couple of mates this morning 'guestimated' more in the 12000 to 15000 ...?? but most agree that this number is in a slow decline

Ahhhhhhh man, here we go again.

What statistics do you have to validate that statement (?), because the island sure doesn't look to be declining in foreign population.

Carrefour, Villa Market, 7/11's en masse, you think these operations open because the foreign population is declining?

Instead, why don't you make the statement "but most of my mates around the table while we were having a beer agree they think the number is in slow decline".

Fixed that for you.