Cheap Call Overseas From My Mobile

inasia

Is there a scheme to make cheap calls overseas from my mobile phone?

(I'm specifically interested in calling another mobile phone in China)

One person mentioned CAT cards, another recommended ZAYHE phone card.

My phone is a simple (doesn't run apps) handset, with a pre-paid Happy DTAC sim card (which I could swap out when it's time to make a call to China).

What's my best option?

(Incidently, I tried using Skype to the Chinese mobile, but the quality became unintelligible)

CAT cards are good. I'm not sure of the rate to China. It's 3 Baht a minute to the USA. You can buy them at a Thai Post Office. If you both have internet service, you can sign up for Ja Jah and you use your mobile phone to talk. Actually only one person needs internet, but if you both have accounts, you get free calls between members. Check Jajah.com. Here:http://www.jajah.com/call/

CAT cards are good. I'm not sure of the rate to China. It's 3 Baht a minute to the USA. You can buy them at a Thai Post Office.

CAT cards are good, I use them all the time. According to their website it is 1 baht a minute to mobile phones in China. Also 1 baht a minute to the US. CAT Card Link

Besides the Post Office they are also for sale at CAT offices. There's one on the second floor of the the Times Square Bldg. near the Asoke BTS Station.

Edited by Groongthep

No need for special cards. Get a TrueMove Inter SIM for 49 baht. Calls to China are 1 baht per minute via 00600

I also use true inter sim calls to USA mobile or land line are 1baht a minute via 00600.......I dont know the rate for china but you need to check if the rate is the same for a mobile or a land line....