Gyms Near Ratchada

feldo

Does anyone know of any gyms in the ratchada area, close to soi 3? or even hotels in the area that offer use of their gyms?

Doesnt have to be amazing just want something with free weights.

Only thing I've come across is california Wow at esplanade.

thanks

I think Swissotel has one for 2,000 thb a month, also in Ratchada Soi 7 there is a small one but I'm not sure of the price.

Most of the hotels have facilities and allow guests, it comes down to the price for one off visits. Usually between 250-500 b for guests.

I am in RCA and have been looking for a pool to use after 7 pm. NO luck, I need one within riding distance. Anyone have any advice. Noe of the big hospitals seem to offer and the few hotels are asking too much for visits.

Cheers.

Only thing I've come across is california Wow at esplanade.

Why not going there?

I go there and it's a real quality gym.

Don't get caught up in the whole personal trainer thing, you don't need that.

I was also looking for a gym around the area. I went to California Wow at Esplanade to look around. But the aggressive sales staff and lies they told were enough to put me off joining.....

I told them I wanted lifetime membership, they said they don't do that anymore and I had to pay a joining fee of 4000 baht and then a monthly amount. I said no thanks. Then they said: ok for you we can give you a lifetime membership for 25,900baht. I said no thanks, as many of my friends joined for a lot cheaper. Then they said OK, for you we can do a special rate 15,900 baht for lifetime membership but you MUST pay today.

I said I would think about it. They proceeded with 2-3 telephone calls per day after that.

So from first saying No lifetime membership to 25,900 baht to 15,900 all in 20 minutes. Needless to say I wont be joining and am looking for alternatives. I'd rather not join a gym than go back there as i have also been told they are also very agressive at selling personal trainers. No thanks!

"Then they said...15,900 baht for lifetime membership..."

What price would be acceptable to you?

That would have been acceptable IF that was the price from the start! BUT i was told lifetime membership was NOT available, then it was.... then the price came down!

A bit of honesty from the start would have been nice, if they hadn't spent so much time talking <deleted> instead of trying to take all they can get just cos im farang I would have joined!

• 1 year later...

I'm also looking a gym around Ratchada. Don't wanna get married with California WOW or Fitness First.

And even without commitment i wouldn't use their Gym's, that HiSo bullshit just ain't for me.

So...Is there any just a normal gym with free weights and couple of equipments around early Ratchada/Rama 9?

A gym where you can actually sweat and breath heavy after a set without everybody looking at you like mental patient?

Thai Japan Youth Center has basically all i need but it's a bit far...

Ive never had a problem with heavy lifting at both of those gyms, and that that includes all that goes along with it (breathing, pouring sweat, some grunts). Neither of the gyms you listed would be anywhere close to what i would consider Hi/So, cali wow is like a step or 2 above just going to the parks and using their 60 year old rusted out stuff.

• 1 month later...

Nathong gym in Ratchada soi 7 is very good. a lot of heavy weights and a nice staff. Cost per month is 700bath for members. 1000bath the first mmonth then 700, drop in cost 100bath. Very nice gym for that cost. I recommend it at the warmest :-)