Ipod Touch Will Not Switch On

naidraw66

During an update of my IPOD TOUCH the unit switched off, now it will not respond! I have done a Google search and have tried many methods to reset/restore the unit but it will not respond in any way. Does anyone have any experience with this issue.

Thank you

IW

Yes mine was a 1602 Error, I got a quick glimpse of it before the unit shut off . . . .

Ok I've finally cracked it after 5 days of trying. Before trying anything allow your Ipod battery to go flat, then go to http://support.apple.com/kb/TA38633 select your operating system and follow the instructions to the word. Once you have completely removed all Apple software from your computer, re-start. Make sure you check in Device manager that there are no Ipod applications still running, also check your programme files and make sure there's nothing Ipod related in there. One your sure download the latest version of Itunes. Open Itunes plug in your Ipod using the Usb connection. Hold down the button on the top right until the battery charge indicator appears and then keep pressing the top button along with the button under the screen. Once the battery charge indicator disappears stop pressing the top button, and keep pressing the button under the screen. In a few seconds you will see a screen in Itunes saying it has discovered an Ipod in recovery mode. Then just follow the on screen instructions. You may get other error codes along the way, if you do then delete the cookes in your browser turn off itunes etc. restart itunes and start the button sequence again. It took me three tries then it worked!

This worked for me, although I did try this method a few times before and it did nothing. I think the important thing is to make sure your battery is flat before attempting it.

Regards

IW