New Pier For Thongsala - Koh Phangan Soon.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do we need half a page of quotes for a one line answer?

B) No, but if Sketcher took the time and Googled Jeanneau, he wiuld discover that the Jeanneau 39, 42 & 43 all draw over 2 m. and a good skipper would want another i m. under him to make sure. Suggest he sticks to armchair cruising with his books.

Sketcher doesnt need to google Jeanneau as Sunsail and Gulf Charters do not have any in Samui. Not sure on the Catalina 39s draft that Gulf charters has here so you may have a point in that one. Sunsail has Beneateau 39s and 43s none of which have a draft of 2m. Google away my friend.

Some posts deleted.Please keep the following in mind.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.

Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonising other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

my visite on the site, yesterday............busy with 2 heavy equipment, fence........looks like something getting done, looks also pretty official ;-)

thanx a lot Mr Ham for these pics.

Maybe now some people will begin to believe that something is really happening there.

And sorry for my "rookie" english, but i'm not english :)

• 3 weeks later...

So anybody found out what they are building?

BREAKING NEWS!!! ( I think!)

I had time today waiting for my boat back to Samui, to investigate what's going on here & also exactly where site is.

From the Round-a bout it's next to the Songserm Ferry .... After driving though the old avenue of trees then through a disgusting mess of garbage, it's there to the right.

According to the site "foreman" it's not going to be a marina, but a Museum for the Thai Royal Navy's Ship, named the "Koh Phengan" Which is going in to retirement after 60 years service. It is supposed to be in place by November this year.

100 metres long by 15 metres wide. There was about a dozen workers there, preparing re bar for cement.

.... so don't get your yachts lined up to find a spot quite yet!

It will be interesting to see how they actually get it into place... I guess come November there should be some high tides.

Also, to see if what I was told was true... but his English was good, & he seemed to know a lot of details...

post-85461-006498500 1280589422_thumb.jp

So anybody found out what they are building?

BREAKING NEWS!!!  ( I think!)

I had time today waiting for my boat back to Samui, to investigate what's going on here & also exactly where site is.

From the Round-a bout it's next to the Songserm Ferry ....  After driving though the old avenue of trees then through a disgusting mess of garbage, it's there to the right.

According to the site "foreman" it's not going to be a marina, but a Museum for the Thai Royal Navy's Ship, named the "Koh Phengan"  Which is going in to retirement after 60 years service. It is supposed to be in place  by November this year.

100 metres long by 15 metres wide.  There was about a dozen workers there, preparing re bar for cement.

.... so don't get your yachts lined up to find a spot quite yet!  

It will be interesting to see how they actually get it into place... I guess come November there should be some high tides.

Also,  to see if what I was told was true... but his English was good, & he seemed to know a lot of details...

Thanks for the propper information!!!

But do we need a war ship museum...?

Well if  it is going to be that, so be it.

Would have love to see a marina with some

shopping mall feeds...

and to park my longtail safe. :huh:

Here is the sign with the PM's picture on it, if anyone can read Thai, then it might give the "Official" details....

Perhaps they will use the guns on the ship to help keep the FM partiers in order :whistling:

I suppose it will give something for people to do if they have an hour or two to "kill" before their ferry leaves....:lol:

Opps! posted the full sized image, instead of a smaller one, it may take a bit of time to open.....

post-85461-016121700 1280754073_thumb.jp

Edited by samuijimmy

Speaking with people in the Tessabaan (multiple family members of my wife work in there), they all say that the marina is going to be built, it is not gossip, they do truly have plans and intentions to build it with government funding.

Now this is not to say its a sure thing, who knows, certainly everywhere in the world things get planned but never built. But for sure this Marina is a real project with real intentions behind it and not some rumor mill story.

Same as the Big C, its a true rumor and the plans have been passed, they have just delayed construction. (that was totally off topic;))

Speaking with people in the Tessabaan (multiple family members of my wife work in there), they all say that the marina is going to be built, it is not gossip, they do truly have plans and intentions to build it with government funding.

Now this is not to say its a sure thing, who knows, certainly everywhere in the world things get planned but never built. But for sure this Marina is a real project with real intentions behind it and not some rumor mill story.

Same as the Big C, its a true rumor and the plans have been passed, they have just delayed construction. (that was totally off topic;))

Sometimes goverment people coming to look at the projects they paid for and are standing at the right place, and there is nothing there. Like they got money to build a trash burning oven. The building is there.... but without the oven,,,lol,,, the oven cash found the way in somebodys pocket. So here they still burn all the trash in the jungle and all the nice cadmium from the batteries goes in the ground water. This is Thailand  :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...