New Pier For Thongsala - Koh Phangan Soon.

A marina in an area that had to be dredged just so the car ferry could dock without being grounded is as brilliant an idea as the one that blocked off the natural flow of sea water in Ban Tai to build a marina resulting in tremendous beach erosion for everyone on the south west side.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and will be good for our island!

Your island??? Were you born there? :annoyed:

ahahahhahahahahahhahaha

all the same... just becoz living here since a few years, think than the island is at them, pathetic.................

beyond for those who really live here, its seems they dont like it...

better to move out in that case.

Evening all

A marina on Koh Phangan is fantastic news (if true)

Thailand has an acute shortage of marinas, in all but a few cases the existing ones are full to capacity with a waiting list for berths, Well considered marinas are money spinners, why Thailand has been dragging its feet when it come to building more is completely beyond me,

If Koh Phangan has pulled this off, and it actually happens, then who ever is behind it deserves a huge pat on the back, and a new S class Mercedes for him, his wife his mia noi or mia nois, it has the potential to bring a lot of prosperity to the Island, There is no shortage of clients, I am sure alot of boat owners in Samui, would prefer to see there boats safely berthed here rather than at anchor in Bang Rak, at certain times

Koh Phangan / Tong Sala is a great location for a marina, berthing facility, Anthong National Marine Park and surrounding Islands are brilliant cruising territory.

However I am totally sceptical, originally the only talk was of an old warship called "Koh Phangan" retiring here as a museum / tourist attraction, in the bay to the north of the Songserm pier, work on this has almost ground to a halt this last 10 days, Natives tell me the company behind it, have always been looking for a grant from the public purse, so why not propose a new pier , or even marina, as they cost more to build than a cradle for a veteran war ship.

Who knows next week there might be Asia's tallest tower being built in Tong Sala, especially if they cost more than marinas, and are eligible for government grants.

Why we need a second marina is completely beyond me, the existing one is more than adequate. http://www.phanganyachtclub.com/

Night All

:blink: So where is the first one ?

Evening all

Thailand has an acute shortage of marinas, in all but a few cases the existing ones are full to capacity with a waiting list for berths, Well considered marinas are money spinners, why Thailand has been dragging its feet when it come to building more is completely beyond me,

If Koh Phangan has pulled this off, and it actually happens, then who ever is behind it deserves a huge pat on the back, and a new S class Mercedes for him, his wife his mia noi or mia nois, it has the potential to bring a lot of prosperity to the Island, There is no shortage of clients, I am sure alot of boat owners in Samui, would prefer to see there boats safely berthed here rather than at anchor in Bang Rak, at certain times

Koh Phangan / Tong Sala is a great location for a marina, berthing facility, Anthong National Marine Park and surrounding Islands are brilliant cruising territory.

However I am totally sceptical, originally the only talk was of an old warship called "Koh Phangan" retiring here as a museum / tourist attraction, in the bay to the north of the Songserm pier, work on this has almost ground to a halt this last 10 days, Natives tell me the company behind it, have always been looking for a grant from the public purse, so why not propose a new pier , or even marina, as they cost more to build than a cradle for a veteran war ship.

Who knows next week there might be Asia's tallest tower being built in Tong Sala, especially if they cost more than marinas, and are eligible for government grants.

Why we need a second marina is completely beyond me, the existing one is more than adequate. http://www.phanganyachtclub.com/

Night All

So with a maximum depth of 2 m. the marina is limited to 25 - 30 foot yachts. To be halfway serious the depth should be at least 3.5 m. as is the proposed Samui marina otherwise none of the charter yachts operating here can use it and how protected is it from strong Westerlies ?

Michemiche says:

ahahahhahahahahahhahaha

all the same... just becoz living here since a few years, think than the island is at them, pathetic.................

beyond for those who really live here, its seems they dont like it...

better to move out in that case.

And I say. Calm down, rookie :lol:

And about the

existing one is more than adequate. http://www.phanganyachtclub.com/

I don't understand where and how the marina is/will be. I can only see a few nice girls and some famous captain name :ermm:

Geez, It's like this forum is "Little Old Lady's Rumor Forum" instead of useful platform to change opinions, views and information. I WOULD SAY TO MOST - GET A GRIP! and maybe a life...

The gossip is bad enough on Samui ......must be worse on Phangan......just imagine what its like on Tao....no wonder everyone wants to escape underwater!! :D

• Like 1

If they make a marina,

which would be great for all,

I hope they build bigger tesco.

with a mc donald's inside.

I think the sailors like that.

I go for KFC

Yuk. Build a cookery school and have a food market next door.

If they make a marina,

I go for KFC

Sometimes I don't want to eat thai/asian food and then is a KFC nice change, cookery schools enough I thought and don't need that have a wife and step daughter who can cook thai food for me.

If they make a marina,

I go for KFC

Sometimes I don't want to eat thai/asian food and then is a KFC nice change, cookery schools enough I thought and don't need that have a wife and step daughter who can cook thai food for me.

OK baco, KFC it should be then.

Evening all

Night All

very funny website, great job...........lol

thanks but a mc Donalds is also okay maybe both?

wahouuuuuu

Baco and frankman like KFC and Macdo...........

Sorry guys, but living in thailand for eating that kind of things, can imagine who u are..............

No offense, but local food is much more better.....

thanks but a mc Donalds is also okay maybe both?

wahouuuuuu

Baco and frankman like KFC and Macdo...........

Sorry guys, but living in thailand for eating that kind of things, can imagine who u are..............

No offense, but local food is much more better.....

it maybe a big effort to read the previous posts and I think you can't imagine nothing at all.

Evening all

Night All

So with a maximum depth of 2 m. the marina is limited to 25 - 30 foot yachts. To be halfway serious the depth should be at least 3.5 m. as is the proposed Samui marina otherwise none of the charter yachts operating here can use it and how protected is it from strong Westerlies ?

What charter yachts operating in this area have a draft of over 2m?

Evening all

Night All

Sunsail and Gulf Charters operate Jeanneau 39's and Jeanneau 42's and 43's. These are all over 2 m. draft and just to make sure, a good skipper will want water at least as deep as his draft under his keel !

Evening all

Night All

Sunsail and Gulf Charters operate Jeanneau 39's and Jeanneau 42's and 43's. These are all over 2 m. draft and just to make sure, a good skipper will want water at least as deep as his draft under his keel !

Complete rubbish do your research

Complete rubbish do your research

Errm I'm gonna stick my neck out and agree 100% with sketcher on this one......just a hunch I guess.....:whistling::D

Do we need half a page of quotes for a one line answer?

B) No, but if Sketcher took the time and Googled Jeanneau, he wiuld discover that the Jeanneau 39, 42 & 43 all draw over 2 m. and a good skipper would want another i m. under him to make sure. Suggest he sticks to armchair cruising with his books.