Smoking Areas

No smoking anywhere in the airport by order of the Ministry of Health.:D

:lol: Sorry pal but I' can confirm you're wrong. Just had a very pleasant and unexpected smoke in the international departures area!

:D :D :D

:lol: Sorry pal but I' can confirm you're wrong. Just had a very pleasant and unexpected smoke in the international departures area!

there is no smoking a lot of places , by order of the ministry of health, that does not mean you cannot smoke, enclosed, air con, go go bars in Pattaya to name a few hundred, smoking continues,TIT.

Yea but was it of the legal stuff? :lol:

When i arrived in the middle of April, the two smoking rooms on the long walk to immigration were closed for Refurbishment. So the signs said.

Leaving in the middle of May, an information desk in the E zone departure gate area, had a sign on the desk saying which gates on Level 3 you could go down to for a smoke.

Smoke smoke smoke that cigarette, OUTSIDE.:bah:

Totally agree an outside area for smokers in the departure area.....great idea.

there was once a massive outdoor area you you could smoke outside behind the food court where the burger king is. alas that was enclosed long ago.

Edited by t.s

I left Thailand on the 19th June and there were smoking areas/rooms open in the airport departure gates, smoked to my lungs content until it was time to leave...

Maybe they have changed the rules since I left but I seriously doubt it..

Edited by MB1

flew in last friday from uk had a connecting domestic flight so i walked past the smoking rooms in international arrivals thought id beat the queues and go through to domestic departures and have smoke there got into domestic areas and all smoking rooms shut gutted had just done 11 hour flight with no smoke. international smoking rooms still open strange but then tit

the smoking rooms in the international arrivals area were in use when I arrived yesterday at about 1045hrs...

I went thru immigration then sat outside in the designated area near the AOT limousine parking and had a smoke and mixed a drink wid de Hanoi duty free voddy (cheaper than King Power) and a diet coke inna plastic water boddle while waitin' fer me ride...dey got benches for seating, ash trays an' evryting... :)

an obviously disreputable tutsiwarrior; drinkin' inappropriately in public at 1100hrs an' lovin' it... :D

Edited by tutsiwarrior

the smoking rooms in the international arrivals area were in use when I arrived yesterday at about 1045hrs...

I went thru immigration then sat outside in the designated area near the AOT limousine parking and had a smoke and mixed a drink wid de Hanoi duty free voddy (cheaper than King Power) and a diet coke inna plastic water boddle while waitin' fer me ride...dey got benches for seating, ash trays an' evryting... :)

Glade to hear they are still letting you get cancer on the international side. :lol:

Have been advised by someone who just transited Suvarnabhumi on the 2nd July, that all the smoking rooms had been closed, as of 1st July 10 - was quoted new regulations etc.

However in Chiang Mai - International terminal, saw that as of Friday 9th July 10, the smoking room was still open & operating as normal - so much for the supposed new regulations in Chiang Mai.

Both are AOT terminals........ TIT as usual

Have been advised by someone who just transited Suvarnabhumi on the 2nd July, that all the smoking rooms had been closed, as of 1st July 10 - was quoted new regulations etc.

However in Chiang Mai - International terminal, saw that as of Friday 9th July 10, the smoking room was still open & operating as normal - so much for the supposed new regulations in Chiang Mai.

Both are AOT terminals........ TIT as usual

Only the smoking rooms in the domestic terminal in Bankok have closed. The smoking rooms in the International departures area are still open.

<BR>
<BR>Have been advised by someone who just transited Suvarnabhumi on the 2nd July, that all the smoking rooms had been closed, as of 1st July 10 - was quoted new regulations etc.<BR><BR>However in Chiang Mai - International terminal, saw that as of Friday 9th July 10, the smoking room was still open & operating as normal - so much for the supposed new regulations in Chiang Mai.<BR><BR>Both are AOT terminals........ TIT as usual<BR>
<BR><BR>Only the smoking rooms in the domestic terminal in Bankok have closed. The smoking rooms in the International departures area are still open.<BR>
<BR><BR><BR><BR>Don't know about that.  But for sure the room is very stale,  stuffed air filter, and broken fan switches in many (smoking)  rooms.  <BR>