What Happens To A Myanmar Citizen ?

What happens when a Myanmar citizen who overstays the date on their entry stamp by one month ?

Surely they couldn’t ever be expected to pay 500 baht per day because they have less money there than they do here in Thailand ?

That is why the kind Thai Government has povided Immigration Detention Centres for them.

Sometimes it makes me wonder what immigration laws are about when people consider the fines are a defacto viso. A little like those people who park in disabled bays as they say that paying the fine to park is easier than using other ways to go to town.

Edited by harrry

That is why the kind Thai Government has povided Immigration Detention Centres for them.

Sometimes it makes me wonder what immigration laws are about when people consider the fines are a defacto viso. A little like those people who park in disabled bays as they say that paying the fine to park is easier than using other ways to go to town.

Western farangs yes I can believe but i cant believe they would ulimately make a Myanmar citizen rot away indefinatley in

a detention centre if they cannot pay 15,000 baht ? Some Myanmar families simply could not come up with that kind of money

- it would be a small fortune in Yangoon ?