Possibly Shipping Iphone From Us

kwestroc

Okay, I know I've seen a similar topic, but not quite the same. Anyways, I want an iPhone 4, as do many other people. I can get one from the US for the normal price of $699 without a contract. The thing is, if it is shipped to me from the US in a box with other things like T-Shirts and other clothes, do you think it's likely to be stopped by customs and I would have to pay to get the package? What do you guys think? Is it worth wrapping the box with clothing and trying to hide it? Or even taking the phone out of the box and wrapping it with clothing? I know this sounds a bit crazy and drastic, but any thoughts? Thanks in advance ^^

Hi

Not sure but maybe 50%-50%, had a friend doing it from Europe, it was DVDs he got taxed. Also think about update an US phone, the ones i have seen you cant update, just the other day a guy tried to sell me an 3gs from us, it could not update

if you are using a postal service like USPS, usually you don't have to pay any additional customs taxes.<br>I ordereing many items from the States (i.e. one iphone 3gs and one blackberry, shoes)<br>The items are usually marked as "other" or "gift" on the declaration paper with a lower value. Until now, I never paid any customs taxes<br> with packages wich have been sent with the standard postal services.<br>I ordered once a watch, which has been sent by DHL from Europe, and I had to pay taxes.<br><br>USPS should be fine<br><br><br><br><br>

Don't. All US iPhones are carrier locked to AT&T. Even the ones they sell for full price without contract. That means it won't work here.

Currently, there is no jailbreak. Even if there is a jailbreak/unlock soon, you will have to deal with a jailbroken phone.

Get your iPhone from Hong Kong, Singapore, the UK (for full price at the Apple store it's unlocked)... or any other country where they sell them factory unlocked. There are quite a few places. The USA is not one of them.

Edit: If you see an unlocked USA iPhone 4 on sale anywhere on the internet - it's a fake or scam.

Edited by nikster