What's The Most Ott Price You've Seen For A Psp?

bkk_mike

The Sony PSP is $250 retail in the US (cheaper still in Japan), and can be found for a very similar price in Bangkok. (just under 10K at MBK).

But some shops seem to have prices that bear no relation to reality.

The first example that caught my eye was the Emporium department store, where they had it at 25,000 baht. ($1 = 100 baht - I want that exchange rate next time I change money).

Then, I found it at Fashion Island (in B2S - at the stall that sells talking Thai-English electronic dictionaries) at an even more ridiculous 28,900 baht.

What's the highest price anyone's seen a PSP (value pack usually) on sale for in Thailand?

Does anybody know where the ridiculously high prices come from? After all - it's not like the expensive ones are better (only problem I know to check for is dead pixels, and MBK let me check the screen was pixel-perfect before I parted with any money).

Hey, im travelling to bangkok for a few days before moving out to the north to do some travelling. I was thinking of picking up a PSP and a 1gb Memory stick Duo.

First of all, what does MTB stand for... and where can this/these stores be located.

Second does anyone know the price of a 1gb Memory stick duo and the best place to purchase one in bangkok?

Considering i'd like to pick one up ASAP from the airport to help with the long traveling times so the nearer the better. :o

thanks for any help

p.s 10k baht sounds pretty reasonable and is one of the reasons i wouldnt mind picking one up.

In the US there are plenty of places that sell the PSP bundled with memory sticks for a heavily discounted price. Not so over here... you pay an arm and a leg for either. The highest price I've seen is the same as mike, at Fashion's B2S (I mentioned this before in another thread).

Cheapest place would probably be MBK (mahboonkrong center) or in Chinatown.

If you want a place near the airport, there is a huge computer place nearby, Zeers Rangsit, which is a few kilometers north on the main road.

First of all, what does MTB stand for... and where can this/these stores be located.

MBK is Mah Boon Krong - it's a shopping centre in Central Bangkok, next to National Stadium skytrain station.

I got my PSP on the 6th floor, but there are quite a few shops selling them (hence the competition, hence the low prices). Just remember to check for dead pixels first as, although Sony will replace under warranty (supposedly), they're Japanese PSPs, so you might have a bit of a wait, and could easily have to pay shipping costs to/from Japan.

Second does anyone know the price of a 1gb Memory stick duo and the best place to purchase one in bangkok?

I got my 1Gb MS Duo for 5,990 baht at IT Mall (next to Phra Ram 9 metro station) - shop on the 4th floor, opposite the Book Chest (SanDisk memory). I saw Sony ones on the 3rd floor there for a couple of thousand baht more.

I found one for 88000 B in MBK 4th floor which is about 120 pounds

im guessing you meant 8800 :o:D

MBK is Mah Boon Krong - it's a shopping centre in Central Bangkok, next to National Stadium skytrain station.

I got my PSP on the 6th floor, but there are quite a few shops selling them (hence the competition, hence the low prices). Just remember to check for dead pixels first as, although Sony will replace under warranty (supposedly), they're Japanese PSPs, so you might have a bit of a wait, and could easily have to pay shipping costs to/from Japan.

ok thanks for that information :D
I got my 1Gb MS Duo for 5,990 baht at IT Mall (next to Phra Ram 9 metro station) - shop on the 4th floor, opposite the Book Chest (SanDisk memory). I saw Sony ones on the 3rd floor there for a couple of thousand baht more.

Well that price aint bad at all... i'm looking at about £200 for both items which is great. Thanks for your help. I just need to hope i travel that way.

I found one for 88000 B in MBK 4th floor which is about 120 pounds

im guessing you meant 8800 :o:D

ok thanks for that information :D

Well that price aint bad at all... i'm looking at about £200 for both items which is great. Thanks for your help. I just need to hope i travel that way.

haha yeah sorry 8800 although I found one for 8500 today on 6th floor

• 3 weeks later...

I bought PSP at MBK yesterday, it cost 9600 for Value Pack, 1800 for one game UMD and 512 gb sandisk memory for 3100 bath.

I should have check this message board before i buy lol i just found one of you got it with just 7000 bath! Thats 2500 bath with which i could've bought another games or upgrade memory to 1 gb.

Anyone knows where they sale USB cable that connects PSP and PC to transfer Video, music etc file to the memory stick?

I already converted some video files but unable to use them cause the pack does not include USB Cable :o . and my computer Card reader cannot read Memory stick duo cards either, they are too thin or small.

Good news for PSP owner cause Sony is releasing PSP internet web browser next week.

TOKYO - Sony officials Thursday said the company will release a software upgrade that will let the PlayStation Portable video game system surf the Web without a cumbersome software trick.

But I'm wondering how do I get this software into my PSP? :o

any standard usb 2 cable will work with the PSP just make sure that one end has the smal type usb connector.

You can find them again on the 6th floor of mbk or pantip.

visit www.pspupdates.com for all the psp info you need

Edited by dekka007

Good news for PSP owner cause Sony is releasing PSP internet web browser next week.
TOKYO - Sony officials Thursday said the company will release a software upgrade that will let the PlayStation Portable video game system surf the Web without a cumbersome software trick.

But I'm wondering how do I get this software into my PSP? :o

News yes, good news? ermm... not if you want to carry on playing copies on your PSP!

neph.