Briton Jeff Savage Freed By Thai Court

webfact

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last count I saw was well over 400 Thais were arrested. Don't think any have gone to trial yet, so ole Jeff is getting the fast track treatment here.

Forget to take your anti-farang paranoia pill this morning?

:whistling:

TH

Just asking, I don't know if they have rounded up the Thais or not. I don't follow news too close, just what comes to me email from this forum. The more I stay away from the telly the better.

Listen and watch Thai news and you will hear Tokay. Many Thais have been both arrested and sentenced. All I have heard have been given 6 month suspended sentences - except the leaders of course, they are not ready with them yet

Interesting. They were given 6 months suspended sentences for actually causing real damage and this loser actually goes to jail.

Amazing Thailand indeed.

Can I sue him for my property and business losses? :angry:

This is the mentality I don't understand.

Why on earth would you even consider this tool as the true reason for the loss of your property and business? Did you not notice the 1000s of Thais actually breaking things, burning things, shooting each other, fighting, protesting and acting like fools? But oh no... blame this guy instead.

I just don't get it.

YES he's a idiot, that goes without saying, but I don't get the "BLAME JEFF SAVAGE" mindset. Though, in a Thai court of law, you probably do have a better chance of suing him than you do any of the Thais.

On the other hand, if he has kids, he wil want to bring them along with his wife to England. Presuming the kifs are in school and grew up in Isaan, they will now pay the prize for this by losing their entire universe, effectively paying the prize for daddy's stupidity.

With this in mind, if I was the judge I'd grant the idiot one more chance to remain in Thailand.

It is not up to the judge, it is an automatic consequence of being convicted.

If he reads TV, he will get a legal name change, new PP, and head back, like all the other ones that do it.

That was nice... Anyone else who thinks that it was way too nice and that double would have been more appropriate?

Bye Bye, off you go, nice to see you (almost) even nicer to never see you again

He should remember that he was a guest in Thailand, as all us farangs are, and not get involved in the politic's of this country. Who elected him to speak on this issue ? If he was never to come out, it was of his own making and hopefully he will be deported and let the rest of us who respect the privilage of living here have a wonderful life in this wonderful kingdom.

If he is blacklisted he can never return to Thailand. Considering he has got his family here, that's as good as prison.

I feel sorry both for him and his family. Lifechanging stuff. <deleted>**, there's a bunch of sleepless nights right there...

Your Soxxy for the ixxxt and you think that swxxxing on a forum of this kind is fine as well..... your quite a guy.

Meanwhile, in other Thai news today, Mikhail Pletnev gets bail and is allowed to leave on his own free will. He allegedly molested children.

Thank god he didn't talk about burning down the mall. He would have already done time and then been deported upon his release.

Doesn't anyone find that odd?

If he is blacklisted he can never return to Thailand. Considering he has got his family here, that's as good as prison.

I feel sorry both for him and his family. Lifechanging stuff. <deleted>**, there's a bunch of sleepless nights right there...

Oh well, Cambodia is not that far...

That was nice... Anyone else who thinks that it was way too nice and that double would have been more appropriate?

Bye Bye, off you go, nice to see you (almost) even nicer to never see you again

Much too lenient. What's up with these Thai courts? This give the completely wrong signal to would-be loony-tunes like him.

I can only assume he is being deported and blacklisted as well, so the reason for the short sentence was so Thailand doesn't have to feed him for 2 years, which is a more appropriate sentence.

<br>On the other hand, if he has kids, he wil want to bring them along with his wife to England. Presuming the kifs are in school and grew up in Isaan, they will now pay the prize for this by losing their entire universe, effectively paying the prize for daddy's stupidity.<br><br>With this in mind, if I was the judge I'd grant the idiot one more chance to remain in Thailand.<br>
<br><br>

Idiots and English hooligans do not deserve "one more chance". What they deserve is being deported. This guy is a disgrace to himself, his family, his country and the British Queen, his former employer. The Taliban would love him. Just imagine the values that he is passing on to his children.

Edited by Navalator

I think it was a fair sentence. We didn't see him actually burning down Bangkok and maybe the court took into consideration that he will not be allowed to live in Thailand with his family.

Thank God everyone who says something stupid is not jailed.

The poor guy shouldn't have even been jailed in the first place!!! Once again the Thais come down way too hard on foreigners in Thailand. The only time when they realize that they've been doing something wrong / stupid is when foreigners stop coming to Thailand all together!!!

Do you actually believe what you just posted? Most Thai people could care less if farangs come here. Only the scamers, touts and tourist related businesses care. Oh and TAT, the "Tourism Authority of Thailand." According to Thai Government figures, tourism accounts for 6% of GDP. So, most Thai people don't really care that much either if you come here. Up to you...

They should have given him 10 years...useless piece of Shyt!!!!

For WHAT, exactly ? For having a big mouth ?

The putrid stench of self-righteousness given off by the armchair prosecution in this relatively trivial matter is stifling. I wonder - but not much - whilst many of you are typing out your sanctimonious bytes of vitriol, do you really believe you've never broken any law because, surely, only paragons of virtue can exude such piety ?

The guy got what he deserved, If you go to a foreign country and break the laws, then more fool you. If you don't like the Laws then find another counrty where you can tolerate them. He only thought about himself, not his family, which should have come first in his mind.

Frankly he is lucky the snipers didn't take him out after they took out General Red.

Some of us are guest's here in Thailand, It is not for us to get involved in the politics of the counrty. If you have that desire then maybe you should go back from where you came. But then I'm guessing some of you wouldn't have much of a life back home because of of your financial situation!!!

Listen and watch Thai news and you will hear Tokay. Many Thais have been both arrested and sentenced. All I have heard have been given 6 month suspended sentences - except the leaders of course, they are not ready with them yet

Interesting. They were given 6 months suspended sentences for actually causing real damage and this loser actually goes to jail.

Amazing Thailand indeed.

My understanding is that those accused of breaking the SOE are being given 6 months suspended; anybody accused of actual damage/violence are being held in custody awaiting trial.

<br><font size="2">If he is blacklisted he can never return to Thailand. Considering he has got his family here, that's as good as prison.<br>I feel sorry both for him and his family. Lifechanging stuff. &lt;deleted&gt;**, there's a bunch of sleepless nights right there...<br></font><br><br><br>
<br><br>I have a family and a life here in Thailand as well. The thought of deportation is almost worse than jail. However I don't feel sorry for him in the least. Don't want to be deported, don't join up with terrorists and threaten to burn S&(% down.

<div><br></div><div>Simple as that really.</div>

I feel sorry both for him and his family. Lifechanging stuff. &lt;deleted&gt;**, there's a bunch of sleepless nights right there...

I have a family and a life here in Thailand as well. The thought of deportation is almost worse than jail. However I don't feel sorry for him in the least. Don't want to be deported, don't join up with terrorists and threaten to burn down.

Simple as that really.

Exactly - with family comes responsibility. Mr Savage should have learned that.

If he reads TV, he will get a legal name change, new PP, and head back, like all the other ones that do it.

is that sarcasm or where do you come from? Cambodia or another third world country? Sry but I dont think its so easy to change name

AND get a new PP from a civilized country....Except you are a former primeminister than u dont even have to change your name to get

a new PP + citizenship :rolleyes:

Had his lawyer obtained a psychiatric exam that deemed him mentally ill, the judge could have sentenced him to life in Pattaya.

Psychoses is still psychoses whether organic or alcohol induced.

While I don't condone his actions he was an easy target for the authorities.

I saw numerous incidents on the news of Thai's burning tires (many in front of policemen). Surely these incidents are far worse than an idiot mouthing off ?

Yes they certainly are, but they are done by home grown idiots.

No nation should have to put up with imports doing the same.

Why not - the UK and other countries tolerate all sorts of "mouthing off" - I dont agree with what he did but neither do I feel that people living in another country should always feel as if they have to behave like "guests" all the time - we should all be free to live wherever we choose rather than it being dictated by accidents of birth and nationality.

He was convicted and jailed. Normally that means deportation and blacklisted.

I sincerely hope that this moron is blacklisted from this Kingdom for life. What good is he here? I'm ashamed to be called British.On behalf of the idiot I offer my apologies.

What good is he here?

Just stabbing at the dark here, but to his children and maybe his wife, he may be everything and a father child just continues the cycle of crap.

If Thailand started deporting every wanke_r who got drunk and did or said something stupid here, 40% of you not living in Pattaya are going bye-bye and 80% of you living in Pattaya are going bye-bye. What he did was stupid, but he is getting it worse than those who actually did something bad.