Briton Jeff Savage Freed By Thai Court

webfact

^^

:jerk:

I dot have to defend a remark made with irony. But how dumb one have to be to hope that a Junta would keep the respect for all existing laws? :rolleyes:

Not being mental stable could be always a good reason to send foreigners home. More than a couple of people at TVF would qualify for that. :P

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^

I dot have to defend a remark made with irony. But how dumb one have to be to hope that a Junta would keep the respect for all existing laws? :rolleyes:

Not being mental stable could be always a good reason to send foreigners home. More than a couple of people at TVF would qualify for that. :P

Back-tracking, and still managing to be offensive in the process.

^^

Back-tracking, and still managing to be offensive in the process.

Check.

Big mistake.

This terrorist, robber and arsonist should be lock away for good.

Agreed.

Freedom of speech, even if stupid speech we do not agree with, should not be tolerated on earth and especially in Thailand, which literally means "land of the free." Those who speak their mind and do something stupid like this should be locked away for life, no chance of parole, never to see the sunlight again.

</sarcasm>

I would not mind if the foreigners who talk bad about Thai people and posting their hate on the internet would get deported and blacklisted.

There is not much good they can do for the peace of the Thai society but a danger that if they work as teacher that they infect the next generation with their idiocy.

kissdani - it seems that we have OK not the same opinion but at least a similar opinion considering what you write above.

I don't like people who break laws, deport them is good with me, and common sense should dictate that westerners should not in front of Thais voice opinion in issues that they do not have mandate. Westerners who are not allowed to vote in national elections should thereby not try to persuade Thais either way in political matters. When they are allowed to vote in national elections, then they can. I think that westerners who do not regularly watch and listen to Thai news in Thai should realise that they don't know enough and keep the tone down. I do not see a problem in westerners discussing With Westerners on a Western forum - on a stage used to instigate burning the capital city of Thailand - No Please.

Showing respect should be obvious, respect for Thai culture and tradition, respect for Thais and respect for elders, showing respect for laws and respect for the constitution of course too but it will take another generation or two before that becomes a virtue, especially among the lower educated in Thailand. Still though, the faster it happens the better for the poor Thais. But who wants to see more respect for the law? Neither the poor nor the rich do, unfortunately

The poor who occupied the area around the office where I work and intimidated me to stop me from going to work certainly didn't show any respect for the laws of Thailand. The Bangkok Bank branch I use was burnt, the photo shop I have been going to for the last 10 years to take photographs for my work permit is burnt out, the cinema I once liked to go to is burnt down, the Asia Books and B2S book stores where I used to go and buy my daughter childrens books on the lunck break is closed, her favourite play ground in Central World is closed, the Toys R Us store where I bought her the small swimming pool is closed, where I used to sit and eat is black twisted metal and if I now go to the Bangkok Bank ATM that I used to go before then I would have to be flying because it's 15 meters up and that part of the building is collapsed

When are the poor people who screamed on top of their lungs that they were going to burn Bangkok going to start showing respect for the law? Or is it, when are they going stop accept being led by people who only use them as tools?

Edited by MikeyIdea

So - I would suggest are a lot of the comments on Thaivisa over the last few months.

The government have made it very clear that they will be checking web forums for comments that are deemed by them against the law. So you are right their probably is a few savage's on this forum. But I am sure the mods are on the ball and delete offensive material.

Mmmmm, I am not quite sure that is how it works. It just is not that easy to press delete. As I understand it, all posts are kept in archives, including the deleted ones. Mods must make a log and cite reasons for deleting a post. So if you are the feds, looking for troublemakers who reside in Thailand, then it is simple. You don't have to trawl through 100K posts to find the naughty ones, you just demand all the deleted ones. That would generally furnish the investigator with names which they could then search for all posts by that user. The problem with computers these days is that you can run but you can't hide!

Edited by Tigs

^^

Thanks for calling me a jerk via the emoticon above, people who read this thread knows that it says more about you than of me so I give you that one for free

I wonder if we both don't dislike westerners who don't respect Thai culture of tradition though, I think so. Could it be that we have something in common?

Edited by MikeyIdea

Another news source is saying he is to be deported in the next few days.

so he come back to the uk to cause havoc here and sponge on the dole and think he is the big hero in fact the big earache no doubt hopefully he join his expat friends on the costa del sol spain where he can cause trouble there and booze his brains away if he got any

but it shows us he just had to be English didn't he typical

While it may well be a tremendous loss for Thailand, but just think what a terrific gain it will be for the UK :

So long, Jeff

r3902039923.jpg

British national Jeff Savage speaks to journalists as he is taken from Pathumwan municipal court in Bangkok ahead of his release

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/photo//100708/ids_photos_wl/r3902039923.jpg/?.src=news

Another news source is saying he is to be deported in the next few days.

so he come back to the uk to cause havoc here and sponge on the dole and think he is the big hero in fact the big earache no doubt hopefully he join his expat friends on the costa del sol spain where he can cause trouble there and booze his brains away if he got any

but it shows us he just had to be English didn't he typical

While it may well be a tremendous loss for Thailand, but just think what a terrific gain it will be for the UK :

So long, Jeff

r3902039923.jpg

British national Jeff Savage speaks to journalists as he is taken from Pathumwan municipal court in Bangkok ahead of his release

http://news.yahoo.co....jpg/?.src=news

Yes indeed. A shining example of the type of foreigners Thailand should be attracting to the country. And people wonder why wonder immigration officials get jaded.

On the other hand, if he has kids, he wil want to bring them along with his wife to England. Presuming the kifs are in school and grew up in Isaan, they will now pay the prize for this by losing their entire universe, effectively paying the prize for daddy's stupidity.

With this in mind, if I was the judge I'd grant the idiot one more chance to remain in Thailand.

Look on the bright side, The UK social security will support him and his family, No problem for us hard working tax payers.

Nonsense. All idiots, foreign and domestic, should be equally free to demonstrate their idiocy.

Like in my country, where we let all the idiots (even the foreign ones) run around and say whatever they want.

Do you realize how boring places like North Dakota would become if we outlawed instances of stupidity?

You mean it is not today?

48382742centralgetty.jpg

Firefighters at the Central World shopping complex The shopping centre was set on fire and destroyed during protests

Thai demo arrest Briton Jeff Savage is deported to UK

A Kent man filmed apparently inciting Thai protesters to burn down a shopping centre has been deported to the UK.

Jeff Savage, 48, a former royal porter from Tonbridge, pleaded guilty to breaching an emergency decree imposed to halt anti-government protests.

He was jailed for three months but a Thai judge halved the term last week and said he could be freed immediately.

A spokesman for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office confirmed Mr Savage had returned to the UK.

He had been in living in Thailand for nine years.

He was arrested after he was captured on video appearing to exhort protesters to set fire to the Central World shopping centre in central Bangkok during major civil unrest.

Savage was filmed wearing a bandanna and saying of Central World: "We're gonna loot everything, gold, watches, everything, and then we're gonna burn it to the ground."

The shopping centre was later set fire to and destroyed during the violence which has gripped the country since Thaksin Shinawatra was ousted as prime minister in 2006.

Savage was reported to have been living with his elderly parents in the beach resort of Pattaya.

BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-10661702