Teaching..visa Change

am05

helo folks....

im coming to live in thai, in a few weeks...im getting a non immigrant `o` visa, multi entry 1 year...

im in the process of doing a tefl course, ...

im lead to believe that , if i get a teaching job, i can then get my visa altered to a `b` to enable me to teach....is this correct?????

thanks a lot for any assistance....

andy , uk, 36 y/o...........................

Can be done. :D

I had it done like that a few years ago, all expenses paid by a gov´t school and most of the administration. :D

Allow time for the processing though (IE: don´t overstay your "o" visa without having submitted your papers to the labour office. They can issue you with a reason for delay form, emphasising that they are processing (therefore likely accepting as well) your work permit.

Then with the work permit you get to go back to immigration and receive your non imm-b :o

However, I had the fortune of living in a smallish town and the school rep doing it all knew everyone in the immigration. Connections, connections.

Other friends from other schools have had to exit the country :D (to malaysia for example whilst the application is pending.) Technically one should already have the papers and contract upon entering to work. :D

I´ve not reread this but I hope it makes sense and help somewhat.

You don't need to change it as you can get a WP on a Non-imm O and don't let anyone else tell you any different.

Personally if you have the cash to extend your Non-imm O (and you're married or have dependants) I'd do that and have the WP floating on top (i.e. you're not using that to extend your Visa, rather the money. That way if you leave or lose your job it won't effect your Visa).