90 Day Report

cmjantje

Yesterday I went to immigration to get a new form for the 90 day report.

I found out I threw away the right one (untill july 14) and kept the wrong one (till april). I hoped they could check it in my file or whatever they have about me but simply told me to fill out the form and pay 2.000 baht.

However they put a stamp in my passport the code of the offence. Anyone has any experience with this?

Yes, quite a few people have unfortunately, there was another thread recently about it. My situation was the same as many, I got my yearly extension and believed that the 90 day reporting would start from the extension date but I was wrong. The main reason I believed this though, apart from it being logical (but not in LOS), is because when I got my extension I said to the chappie at the desk 'My 90 day report start from today?' and he nodded. So then when I went back exactly 90days from the day of the extension and they gave me a 2000baht fine and stamp in my passport, if you get two then they cancel your visa apparently. I tried to explain that I was told this by one of his colleagues and he wasn't interested, pay up and shut up. So even if you get an extension and your 90 day report is 10 days away you still have to go back again. It now states quite clearly on the 90 day form that the extension and 90 day reporting shouldn't be confused but until recently it didn't say that.

In your case I think you could have asked them to check the cave with the giant oak trees worth of paper in and find your last 90 day report from, they could have then seen that July 14th is your next report date.

Am I reading this correctly?

I am here in the Kingdom on a NON - IMM O retirement Visa.

This is the first I've heard of a new TM.47 Form For Alien To Notify of Staying Longer Than 90 Days) commencing on July 14.

My 90 day report date is due on July 22nd and I usually send it via EMS with a self addressed post paid return envelope.

My question is do I need a new form TM.47 (after July 14) or am I confusing this thread with another 90 day form?

For once I hope I am just confused! LOL:ermm:

The way I read it, the OP just threw out the wrong receipt. Kept the old one and threw out the curent one. Hopefully he will learn not to throw things out so quickly. ;) Be mellow fellow. :)

Edited by villagefarang

The way I read it, the OP just threw out the wrong receipt. Kept the old one and threw out the curent one. Hopefully he will learn not to throw things out so quickly. ;) Be mellow fellow. :)

Thanks VF - I have calmed down now to my mellow self. Misread the thread after a day of running around in the Rai, amazing that I actually got some things done! Just want to keep my squeaky clean 5 year record with Thai immigration so I read tend to overthink things too much sometimes.

Have a great weekend.

Thanks VF - I have calmed down now to my mellow self. Misread the thread after a day of running around in the Rai, amazing that I actually got some things done! Just want to keep my squeaky clean 5 year record with Thai immigration so I read, tend to overthink, things too much sometimes.

Have a great weekend.

The early years can be filled with angst over government regulations. After a few decades, that all fades from memory. Not sure why that is, however. ;) As for the weekend, plans are being set in motion. :)

that why i never kept forms, they could change the form format anytime without warning and that when they'll catch me unguarded....i'll just drive to the MaeSai Imm office, get the form there, fill up the blanks, submit, get the receipt, check the next reporting date....then off to shopping at the border.

that why i never kept forms, they could change the form format anytime without warning and that when they'll catch me unguarded....i'll just drive to the MaeSai Imm office, get the form there, fill up the blanks, submit, get the receipt, check the next reporting date....then off to shopping at the border.

When you say shopping at the border, do you mean the Thai side? If you exit Thailand with a re-entry permit and shop on the Myanmar side, there is no need to do the 90 day report.

When you say shopping at the border, do you mean the Thai side? If you exit Thailand with a re-entry permit and shop on the Myanmar side, there is no need to do the 90 day report.

There is if you do the VIP pass which is cheaper and does not affect your visa status.

yes....thai side of the border...there's nothing much on the burma side...