Poker Competitions In Thailand

jayinoz

I thought any card gambling games was illegal in Thailand. I saw a Poker comps being advertised down a Soi in Pratunam. I went down to find that not many people spoke English yet did not matter. All Thai except me and 1 other. I am sure it is illegal. If not, I would not mind finding some more games. As it more entertaining face to face comp's compared to internet. If you know Star Hotel it was happening in the place just behind there.

When is Thailand going to legalize gambling correctly as opposed to having it go underground. As the government would make an absolute fortune in taxes if done correctly. Why go to Cambodia, if we can find legalized gaming here. Only a matter of time IMO- as they sell lotto tickets so what is the difference. It would be a BOOM for the country with already a HUGE amount of tourism.

Also betting at the kickboxing is allowed- illegal or not betting is all over the place.

Your nuts to get involved in that. As much as I would like too.

heard of too many raids heavy fines etc. and not to mention the collusion unless u can understand Thai or isaan dialect in some games very well. Take the cambodian hold em games.....total absolute joke does the floor manager give a sh1t does he hel_l. Thai's are his bread and butter so a little collusion cant be a bad thing.

Keep away stick to pokerstars or a cheap air asia flight to Macau.

Edited by negreanu