Buy Or Rent A Motorbike?

jkzero

hi, i am in phuket for 3 months and we need a bike (my partner and i), however we not sure if we should buy a bike (second hand) and risk not being able to sell it / losing money or whether just to rent a bike (best deal we can find so far, 2,500/month).

does anyone have advice?

also, i need a bicycle for fitness as i have a back injury and cant do any excercis involving impact or twisting, does anyone have suggestions on best place to buy one?

thanks!

thanks everyone.. i was leaning towards renting but it is hard to throw the money away.. can you tell me where in rawai i can rent for 2000/month?

best we have found is 2,500, auto or manual, no problems as we can both ride (my partner sometimes rides like a local - scary!)

Rent for sure. You might be able to buy and wholesale back to the shop you bought it from but hassles so rent. I would also check at dealers such as the honda to see what used bikes they have for sale, sometimes they will rent you one and great selection. Where I am the honda dealer was having a hard time selling a honda steed so he just rented it out to foreigners whenever they wanted.He eventually sold it.

Should you be on holiday in Phuket three months and is already beginning to worry you for charges imposed on a motorcycle, maybe would work an extra month and enjoy the holiday instead of twisting and turning in the coins :)

sorted.. rented a decent bike off some good people, now exploring phuket is much more fun! thanks everyone for advice. can any tell me best place to buy a bicycle??

There are a couple of good bike shops in Phuket, use the yellow pages,

also if ur looking for an inexpenive one check out Tesco/lotus