Using A Cirrus Bank Card In Thailand?

goin2thailand

hi there I've got whats known as a cirrus card, its not a debit card, but looks similar. It dosnt have the "3 digit security" code on the back of it. I was in the bank last week, and they told me I could use it in Thailand anywhere there was a cirrus compatible hole in the wall.

To be honest the bank confused me hence why im asking here

if anyone knows what im talking about id appreciate any answers

cheers

Better you get a card with VISA.....I had one of those a few years ago .....Nat West told me it would be OK.....never worked anywhere in Thailand even with the Cirrus/Switch sign all over the machine.

VISA cards work everywhere....don't leave home without it....!!

My Cirrus card issued by a small Canadian bank works well in the ATMs here in Thailand. I generally use AEON for the no fee and higher withdrawal amounts.

Hi

The Cirrus card works in Thailands bank atms with no problem,

my wife has my Nationwide Cirrus card and uses it to withdraw cash ,

but she can not get a balance displayed on any atm

Colino

Depends on the bank that issued the card.

Before she recently left for Thailand my daughter switched her Nationwide account from which only gives a Cirrus card to one which gives a Visa debit card as staff in our local Nationwide told her that their Cirrus cards will soon no longer be usable outside the UK.

A Visa debit card is better, in my opinion, anyway as it is a debit card not just a cash machine card so can be used to make purchases anywhere that accepts Visa.